Chapter 29

I run to give my friend a hug.
"Y/n? What are you doing here?" He asks.
"You know, I came to visit my bo-husband's family but his father wasn't too thrilled about it," he rolls his eyes.
"Y/n, you can cut out the act. I know that you and Jimin are just dating. Almost everyone does. Title doesn't matter. To us, at least," I sigh and sit on the couch.
"This is comfy. Too bad we both got thrown in here. That reminds me, where did you go?" I ask.
"You know, I was here and there. I kinda traveled on business. Oh! I also got promoted," he joins me on the couch.
"Congrats, so why are you stuck in a random room with me?" I ask.
"C'mon, we don't know if the door's locked," he dodges my question but I think nothing of it.
"Then let's open it,"
We both yank on the metal handle but it doesn't open.
"Let me try," He stands up and pries on the door.
"Wow, it didn't even work when both of us did it, so why should it when you did?" I ask. He sighs and drops his head in shame.

"You're right. So tell me, how is it dating the boss?" He asks me. I prop myself on the couch.
"It's great. Jimin is an amazing guy. It's a shame that we met when....wait do you even know why I'm here in the first place?" I ask.
"Yeah, your family was in debt and he kidnapped you so that they would pay it off. I thought he was gonna make you pay off the debt by being his maid or something, but then he ended up doing the opposite. You have a much easier life, the truth is that he saved you, Y/n," he tells me. I smile.
"I know. And falling in love wasn't party of the plan...but we did. And I'm here today to ask his parents for their blessing. I want to marry in peace, with no opposition," I say.
"But you want to know if it would be okay for a hostage to marry her keeper, is that it?" I look down. He's absolutely correct.
"You're still two people. Regardless of what you were, I'm pretty sure you are more than just a hostage to him. And he doesn't treat you like one, right?" He asks.
"No. I'm glad that we're together. He didn't even want to kidnap me in the first place! So whatever you say, it's not Stolkholm syndrome," I reply with confidence.

"Are you sure?" He teases.
I start laughing as he tickles me.
"Yes!" A giggle. And ten he stops. He looks in to my eyes. I gulp. The mo totally changed!
"Y/n..."
"Yes?" I ask, and he starts moving in.
"I never realized that you were so beautiful," I duck and slide out from under him. I stand up, and face him.
"Thanks," he stands up and pulls my hair behind my ear. I start blushing. This is wrong! I'm supposed to be with Jimin right now. I want to get out of this awkward situation.
"C-can I kiss you?" He asks me timidly. I thought I got lost in the moment, but now this is getting suspicious.
"Y-yes," I reply in the most softest and sweetest fake voice I can manage. He starts leaning in.

What I do next is shocking. I put my hand on his lips and push him back on the couch.
"I've got a boyfriend, if I wasn't already clear before. And with any luck, he'll be my husband. Sorry if I let you down, but I think of you as just a friend, Sehun. Now I don't think we can go back to normal. I adore you, and it was nice knowing you but I just can't," I tell him honestly. I look up and I see that he has a giant grin across his face.
"What the-I thought you'd be sad!" I exclaim, earning a wider grin from him.
Suddenly an alarm starts blaring and the light on the door starts flashing red. The door opens, and Jimin's dad runs in...?
"My daughter!!!!!" He hugs me and spins me around in circles. I awkwardly go with the flow.
"Uh...what's going on?" I ask Sehun.
"You passed the test," Now his smile makes sense.
"Really?" I pick his dad up and hug him.
"Hah, I'm so happy! Can we get out of here now?" I ask.
"Of course, my dear. We are also flying your parents here and we will host the wedding in a couple days. It will be for publicity unless you want a private wedding done before," I nod.
"I would actually like a smaller and more simple wedding first if Jimin would be up to it," I say. I look around.
"Speaking of, where is he?" His father gives me a bright smile. I see a twinkle in his eye.

"Go see him for yourself. He's on the roof," With a slight nod of his head, I take that as the signal and bolt out of the room. I run into the hallway, and the lights are flickering. I suddenly remember that I have powers that will appear when I am in time of need.

Now would be that time.
My powers teleport me to the stairwell, (which is weird because they take me directly wherever I want to go) and I use all my strength to zip up the stairs at an inhuman pace. I'm at the top of three flights of stairs in less than 5 seconds already. That's a world record. I open the door anxiously, and I see Jimin, standing in front of me with a suit on.
"What's this?" I ask him as I see the candlelit dinner with flowers and my favorite things.
"Just a little something to take your mind off things," he tells me. I go over and hug him.
"Those heels must be killing you. Here, sit down and I'll take them off for you," He offers. I do it. I feel suspicious, but surprisingly no guys with guns pop out, so I'm good.
"So were you up here when I got locked in that room with Sehun?" I ask, curiously.
"Oh, you got locked in there? With him? I'm sorry, my father is very unpredictable. I had no idea. I knew you would be tested but not like that," he finally wiggles the shoes off my feet and sits on his chair. I stretch, and take the fork in front of me.
"Don't worry about it, at least I made it out alive. Ooo, the food looks good," I start eating. I look at my boyfriend, who looks very anxious now. I put the fork down. "What's wrong? You don't look so good..." I comment.
"Um..you know I love you, right?" He asks. What a weird question.
"Of course I do, I love you too," He takes my hand. I gently hold his.
"Please trust me," he strangely says.
"I do," he shovels around his pocket.
"I want you to know, no matter anything I want to be with you. You are the best, smartest, brightest, and sexiest woman that I've ever met. You are also the cutest. You have this personality that can put anyone in a good mood, and Y/n, you are like a light in my life," he kneels down. I think I know what's coming.

I'm surprised. I cover my mouth and wait for it.

"So Y/N, will you marry me?"