Chapter 20

"When? That is so stupid. I'm supposed to be your wife!" I yell.
"Don't raise your voice!" He calms me.
"I'm just a little bit mad that you were being so friendly with him. He's like a brother to me, you know?" He explains. I nod vigorously.
"Let's just go to bed. We're both tired anyways," To my surprise, he opens the door and we are already home.

I go to the room and dispose of my clothes, and I change into a silky silver transparent gown that is sophisticated but not ho-y. I go to the couch in the room and cover myself in blankets. Jimin just sighs and I peek from under my fort to see what he's doing. I hide when I see him take off his shirt. My heart is racing.
"Hey, y/n. You're cold, let's go to bed," I didn't realize I was shivering.
"N-no," I pull my hand away from him. He kneels down and is face to face with me.
"Why are you being like this? I've done so much for you and you're-"
"You kidnapped me," I interrupt him. He goes silent and just stares at me.

"You kidnapped me and imprisoned me," I start sitting up, not breaking eye contact as I rose.

"And then you rope me into playing the part as your wife," I sit up, and I am so mad right now.

"And now, I don't even have a choice of deciding where I sleep? I'm a person too, and I want freedom!" Jimin stands up, now completely towering over me.

"Freedom? FREEDOM? It doesn't mean anything. I could've literally kept you in the one room for the rest of your life, and I could've treated you like dirt. But I don't, so just be happy that you got stuck with me," he angrily yells at me, but he doesn't move a muscle. His words say something but his body says something else. I freeze.

"I just don't wanna fall for you," I tell the truth. His dark orbs burn into my eyes.

"I hope I don't get Stolkholm Syndrome from being with only you. Be careful, Jimin. I care about you enough as a friend, and that's good enough. But I just want to still talk to different people so that I'm not limited to you," I continue. Jimin breaks eye contact finally, and looks at the floor. He has guilt written all over his face.
"I understand. Don't worry, I'll leave you and your "friends" alone," he exits the room, and leaves me.
I get up and switch off the lights. I see a faint outline of a figure by the door as I doze off.

I wake up to sunlight and a breeze. Somehow, I am in the giant bed and tucked in, and the windows are open. I raise an eyebrow and get out of bed to investigate.
"Y/n. Master said he is in a meeting. He will not be meeting you today, would you like to talk to new friends?" A random woman with a clipboard comes into my room. I cover myself in the sheets and then nod.
"Alright, I'll go get them. Feel free to change," I throw on a sundress.
She comes back.
"Friend #1," she says and out steps my favorite guy, Sehun.
"Hey Sehun!" I run to give him a hug and he gives me an awkward side hug as I try to give him a whole warmhearted hug.

"Sorry....but we can't hug like that now. You are the boss's wife now. It's weird if we seem too close, right?" He
asks.
"Yes...?" I say, unsure of what to say next.
"Don't be sad, we can still talk. Let's go to the garden," he offers his hand to me.
"I thought you were on duty," I comment.
"I was, but my partner took over. We are good," he replies.
"You seem so calm. Why is that?" I ask. He stretches and puts an arm over my shoulder.
"I have less worries now," he closes his eyes and then takes his arm from around me and puts it over his head.
"Hey, you know I barely had any contact with anyone else as long as I've been staying here, right?" I look at him, his eyes are still closed.
"Isn't that normal? You are married so he'd want to keep you close to him,"

"Not exactly...." He opens an eye and stares at me. I tell him the truth.
"Please take me with you! I'm being held captive. I'm a prisoner and even though this place is big, it's lonely. I'm scared. Your boss has a temper and I don't want to disturb him. I think it's better for the both of us if I leave," Sehun turns to me, with a surprised look on his face.
"But you're married! I don't think he'd like it very much if you leave," he
advises me.

"Just live with him for awhile and see what happens. My cousin has told me great things about him. You were his captive at first, but I can tell that he has fallen madly in love with you. The relationship took a turn for the better, and now you're married. Be happy,
y/n. I doubt your life could get any better than this," he tells me. I sigh.

"You're right. I'm scared that I have Stolkholm syndrome," I say.

"Here's an idea," Sehun comments.
"What?" I ask.

"Avoid Park Jimin for a week and see what happens,"