Chapter 21

The following week after I talked to Sehun, I move to a guest room away from Jimin. I try to avoid direct contact with him as long as possible. And boy, was it hard. I end up feeling more lonely than before, and I feel guilty as well. Now, I'm walking down a giant empty hallway and looking for a way to sneak past Jimin.

Suddenly, someone grabs me from behind. My first instinct is to kick and scream. I bite the giant sausagelike hands in front of me, and scream.
"JIMIN!!!!" I yell. But he doesn't come running. Oh sh*t what do I do?
"No! No...." I start losing consciousness. I see my attacker as I'm lowered to the ground.
"Sehun...?"

____________________
Flashback
"Hey, where you from?" He asks me with a Texan country accent.
"I moved from New York City,"
"I'm from here. Lived here with my family for generations," he shifts his hat.
"What's your name?" I ask.
"Carl. What's yours?"
"Y/n,"
"That's a purty name," he says. I look at him fully. A handsome boy with dark hair and blue eyes.
"Thanks," I nervously look away.
"You look sad. Is there something bothering you?" He asks. I pull my hair back out of my face.
"No," I sigh. "I'm just...thinking about stuff," I tell him. He gives me a soft smile.
"Well, feel free to think here. No one can bother you in this part of the city,"
"Thanks," I smile.

For about a year, Carl and I have that exchange. Until one day, my family and I wake up a cold night to a knock on the door.
"Has anyone seen my son?" Carl's dad.
"Carl?" I ask.
"No, Lewis. Have you seen him?" I shake my head. We hear a scream from outside.
"Carl?" I ask again.
"No....it's them," he says.
"Get inside, quick," my dad tells him.
"Close the door," my mom orders me.
"No,"

"Excuse you?" My mother asks me, annoyed.
"I'm going out there. I want to find my friend. Don't worry sir. I'll bring both of your sons back," I reassure him and run out.
"God bless you child,"
"Y/n, come back!!!" I hear my parents call for me but I'm already far from home. What I see next terrifies me.
"Well what have we got here? Another fighter? Ooooo hyung will like you," the boy says in Korean. (I understand him!)

A young boy is laughing cruelly at someone. I peek and see that Carl is on his knees! And there is a little kid next to him. Lewis. The little boy looks like a gangster. He's thin, muscular, and ugly. Maybe not totally ugly, but he's behaving like a terrible person.
"Please let us go," Carl begs. I hate seeing him like this.

"Hey! Kid, who do you think you are?" I come out, being tough as usual.
"Y/n, what are you doing? Go! Before he catches you and ties you to a tree," Carl warns. I shake my head.
"Ah, what have we got here? A girl this time? Oh this will be interesting..." (In Korean) He turns to me and puts his grimy fingers on my cheek.
"Let me get a good look at you," he continues speaking and slowly starts caressing my cheek. I put my hand on his and yank it away. Ew.

"Leave us alone. Let us go and maybe I won't hurt you," I threaten the boy in Korean, and his eyes widen.
"Huh? You know Korean? Well there goes my chances. You know the Mafia leader of this place, right? He wants to sell some kids and told me to come out to the remote parts of America. You just appeared at the wrong time," I frown and kick some dirt.
"I'll take that as a yes," I quickly start working on untying Carl.
"Not! So fast...." He stops me.
"You are the first girl to stand up to me...so let's fight. If you win, I let him go. If you lose, I take them with me," I smirk.
"Deal,"

Of course I end up winning. We play five rounds and I win 4 out of 5 games.
"Carl, how are ya?" I ask. Lewis wraps his arms around me and Carl also hugs me. He cries into my shoulder and the other boy is sobbing into my shirt.

"You're amazing, y/n," Carl tells me.
"I know,"

Another six months pass and soon enough, we have to move again.
On the last day we could spend together, we wake up early to watch the sunrise. Just me and Carl.
"It's always a beautiful sight," his eyes are literally so nice right now. I stare.
"Oh, sorry," I look away awkwardly.
"I'm glad you're moving," he comments.
"What, why?!" I ask.
"You get more opportunities. My family has lived here for generations. I wanna go to school abroad, but we are barely earning any money out here," I smile sadly.
"I know. I wanna take you with me, but my parents are against it," I say.
"Why?" He raises an eyebrow.
"Probably because you're a boy. It doesn't matter if you are a good friend. They wouldn't let you," I answer.

"Oh. Well............do YOU see me as a boy?" He asks. I look him up and down.
"I guess...." I say. He leans in.
"Maybe................a man?" I blush and sit up tall.
"I don't know...." I flirt at this point, and before I know it we are both leaning in. I close my eyes and my first kiss is perfect. The feeling of those pink lips are forever etched into my memories.
"I love you," he says to me for the first time seriously.
"I love you too," I kiss him back, more passionately now.
"I'll miss you, y/n,"

"I'll miss you too,"
_____END FLASHBACK_____
The events come rushing back. Sehun...Carl, and what happened to Jimin?! Right now I am alone in a very big room. Not just any room, because walls are metal. There is a red carpet floor. Luckily, my clothes are still the same. I'm just tied up, but I don't have a gag. I probably should call for help.

"Help!!!!" No one answers.
"HELP!!!!!"

"Shut up,"