F I F T E E N

Wait is over!!

"After ankit's death me and your father were broken. We just couldn't believe that our son could do something so low and sinful. We filed a murder case on randhir as we thought he was responsible for our miseries. It was after a week when we couldn't stop ourselves and went to the hospital to see Meera. That is when we realized that whatever happened to Ankit was exactly what he deserved. Meera died because of him. We took back our case and apologized to randhir." Her mother said in a cracking voice.

Now Sanyukta understood the story of those BAIL PAPERS she had found in the safe. She didn't know why he had kept them till now but she was glad he did.

She didn't really have any thoughts on ankit's death because he totally deserved it. He molested a woman, the biggest crime in the world. Even after being his own sister she couldn't bring herself to feel pity for him.

"Where is papa?" Sanyukta asked in anticipation.

"Shekhawat being a big name, the news spread like fire. I and your father were coming back from the court on the scooter when we were attacked by people. They hit us badly and cursed us for giving birth to a monster like him. Your father couldn't survive the hits and died due to excessive bleeding. Even I..I" she started sobbing thinking about that horrid memory that was still as fresh as recent for her.

"You what maa?" Sanyukta held her shoulders and muffled a sob.

"I was taken to hospital by a noble man. When Mr. Shekhawat came to know about it, he took up the responsibility of my treatment. Both of my legs were left paralyzed due to that attack." She looked at randhir who side-hugged her.

Sanyukta was shocked to hear this. Her hand immediately reached her mother's feet. It was cold unlike her upper warm body. Removing the duvet slightly she saw a scary sight. Her mother's feet had completely turned black due to the stopped blood flow. The veins were purple, protruding out from the skin.

She couldn't take it anymore and instantly hugged her mother tightly. She couldn't even feel that pain they would have gone through. Even that thought made her cry badly.

"Shh... I am fine my baby." Her mother caressed her hair. Sanyukta felt the pleasure of having her mother do that after 8 years and she calmed down quickly.

Now she could place things as to why her parents didn't come back home suddenly and how did ankit just disappeared one day. But still there were many of her questions yet to be answered.

"Why did you abandon me maa?" Her voice was breaking.

"I had no choice, love. That accident left me with paralyzed feet. I didn't even had a penny to take care of you. Mr. Shekhawat came forward to look after you but I knew if he does that, we'll have to tell you the whole truth and I didn't want to tell you that dirty reality at such a tender age. That is why I asked him to send you to his orphanage. He was kind enough to take up the full responsibility of all your expenses." She cupped sanyukta's cheeks.

"Why did you do that mumma? You knew I won't be able to live without you. Why didn't you just kept me with you?" Sanyukta asked painfully.

"I did what I thought was the best for you sanyu. I couldn't drag you to the mess, I was in." Her mother said firmly.

"How did you end up here and why didn't you still meet me after all these years?" Was her next question.

"It took almost 6 months for me to get discharged. I had nowhere to go so I had planned to go and live in any ashram. But renuka didn't let me do that. She forced me to live with them. I just couldn't live along with them due to their status and my son's deeds. So I chose to live in the servants quarters, which is this room." She pointed to the surroundings.

Now she understood why this room was in the a separate section. It was earlier the servants quarter, that is why it was in that isolated corner.

Sanyukta was about to pitch another question when randhir interrupted her.

"Dr. Asthana has been treating maa for the last 8 years. 1 year back he said that since the paralysis is not improving at all, the veins have started decaying and the poison is slowly spreading across her whole body. This would cause her body to weaken with time and she could die anytime as it has no treatment. That is when maa asked me to marry you as she wanted both of us to be settled before she dies." Randhir said all of this with a very heavy heart.

(A/n - I have no idea if anything like that is practically possible or not. This is a FICTION.)

Yes she was going to die! That's the reason she asked randhir to keep her existence a secret from Sanyukta as she didn't want to give her hopes and then shatter them. In the last 8 years she had given randhir all the love that a mother would give to her child. She knew that he was the murderer of her real son but still never held even the slightest grudge against him. Even Randhir had loved her equally as he loves his birth mother. It broke his heart every time to think that she would be gone after a point of time.

Till now Sanyukta had got a lot of information to take in one day. She couldn't believe that all this was happening for real. If it was a dream, then she never wanted to wake up. But now, suddenly this new peice of news had felt like a big bucket full of ice was emptied on her head. She had just met her mother, just got her happiness back but she also got to know that this happiness won't last forever, it could be taken away anytime.

Sanyukta felt her eyes dampening as she started to cry again in the embrace of her mother. Randhir immediately came up to her and held her head close to his chest.

"Hey stop crying. We still have hope. I met Doctor today and he said that there is improvement in the reports and there are chances." He encouraged her and himself.

Sanyukta heard his words and turned towards him completely to hug him as tightly as possible. He was surprised at first but then hugged her back and sighed happily at the feel of her body against his after the longest day ever.

________________________________________

I hope all your questions are answered in this one.

Is any still left?

Last chapter left!!

And the epilogue too!!

Vote and comment on the chapter if you liked it.

Stay tuned!!

aesana0710 ReaChakravarti