F I V E

A very important note at the end do read it before you leave.

A month passed in a jiffy. Things remained the same. Randhir used to leave for office before she was awake and returned only late at night. He used to treat her very nicely all night, sometimes made love to her and if not he would just cuddle her close to his chest till she was asleep.

This thing had started worrying Sanyukta now, first she had thought that maybe he was using her only for his pleasure but there were days that he didn't touch her that way and just kept her close to himself.

She was really confused by his behavior because in the daytime there wasn't even a trace of him but at night his warmth was all she felt.

She wanted to ask him about all this but couldn't muster up the courage. Finally she consoled herself thinking that he was a workaholic and loved his work too much.

Otherwise everything was perfect in her life. Her bonding with renuka was amazing, she got the motherly love from her that she had missed. But here too sometimes she felt renuka not meeting their eyes and avoiding some topics like her son's love for his office.

"Mom what was her name?" Once Sanyukta asked in context of her late daughter.

"Meera, Meera Shekhawat." Renuka answered fondly.

"Oh nice name. By the way mom, as you said that room is locked since last 8 years, don't you think that we should clean it once in a while. I will do it if you want." Sanyukta suggested.

"I don't know Sanyukta. Actually it was Randhir's decision to keep that room locked forever." Renuka said unsure.

"Don't worry mom I'll just clean it quickly and comeback. It would be so dirty after all these years." Sanyukta assured her.

"As you say, but please don't tell randhir about it." Renuka said fearfully.

"OK mom. You don't take tension please." Sanyukta said and went away to get the broom and dusting cloth.

She opened the rusted lock with the help of a rusted key provided by renuka. They had to oil the lock first as it was badly jammed.

On entering the room she saw nothing but darkness, thick layers of dust and spiderwebs. They had to change the bulbs to have sufficient light to work in there.

With two servants as helping hands she cleaned the whole room like a brand new and placed things a bit properly. It took them 4 hours to set the whole place right.

After the servants left Sanyukta finally noticed the room properly. It was as huge as hers but very simple and sober. The walls were painted white, there was a queen size bed in middle with no mattress, a similar closet door on the right and an empty study table towards the left.

What caught her attention was a life size frame just beside the bed. It was of a beautiful young girl and a younger version of Randhir. She assumed the girl to be Meera. They were both smiling happily for the camera while side hugging each other. It looked like they were in college or something.

While she adored the boyish grin on her husbands face, meera's face gave her an uneasy feeling. Those chocolate brown eyes, those long highlighted hair, that sweet smile all of it looked so familiar. Sanyukta couldn't understand why it looked like she had known Meera but couldn't place her.

Sanyukta sighed and let it go thinking it was just her illusion. Actually she looked so similar to Randhir, that is why she looks familiar.

As she was satisfied with her work and was about to leave the room, her eyes caught something. It was like a black stain on the wall. She thought that maybe it was left to be cleaned so she again picked up her dusting cloth and neared the stained wall.