E I G H T

The prologue part.

__________________________________________

It was night and the heavy downpour had
made the atmosphere cold. Sanyukta and Randhir had made mad love and were now resting in each other's arms, completely spent. Sanyukta was making random patterns on his abs while he was feeling just her softness with his hands.

It was after an hour when like daily Randhir got up to leave thinking Sanyukta had slept, which she really had but it wasn't thick enough. When she heard the sound of the door closing, she sat up with a jolt and looked outside the balcony.

Why has Randhir gone to the terrace today? Has he lost his mind? He'll fall sick in this rain. Let me stop him.

Thinking all of this she quickly wore her night robe and left after him. When she looked around, he was there on the left side of the corridor, going further.

But the terrace is on the right side. Here...here is the empty corridor. Why is he going there?

Getting curious she started following the path but till she reached there, he had disappeared. Just magically, there was no trace of anyone seen there. She still decided to check further and headed towards the long hallway that was all dark. She couldn't see anything and in the hurry she hadn't even got any source of light with her.

After a point, the path came to an end. There she saw a huge iron door securely locked with a big lock. For moment she contemplated if Randhir would be there but seeing the lock she concluded that she was just mistaken.

The huge chamber increased her curiosities but there was no use of standing there now so she went to the kitchen, terrace, garden and all the other places but he wasn't anywhere.

She got back to her room not finding him anywhere and decided to wait till he returned but, don't know if it was the tiredness or the spinning head that she fell into deep slumber as soon as the soft pillow came into contact with her head.

____________________________________

It had been 5 days since then. Now Sanyukta used to be awake daily to see where he used to go. At first she was doubting that maybe she was wrong but now she was pretty sure that he was going to that closed chamber only. The only question was why and how did the door got magically locked again. Each time, he used to disappear from there before she could catch him red handed and she used to sleep before he could get back.

She was sleeping a bit too much nowadays!!

In the morning of course he used to leave before she could wake up and confront him. But today she had decided to clear her doubt directly.

"Randhir?" She called out while lying in his arms after their long and tiring session.

"Yes Sanyukta!" He signaled her to continue.

"Where were you last night when I woke up around 3?" She asked, trying to hide her curiosity and make it look normal.

"I..I had just gone to get water Sanyukta." She did feel him stiffening under her.

"Ohh, I thought you had gone to that closed chamber. My bad. By the way, what is that chamber exactly?" She pitched her main question and turned to face him.

Randhir wanted to ask her how did she get to know about the chamber but it would raise direct doubt's on him so he kept his query to himself but asked the second question that came to her mind.

"Why do you think I went there?" He asked trying to control his heartbeats.

"Umm... Just like that. Tell me, what is in there?" She lied.

"Nothing that concerns you. Now I think you should sleep, its really late." He dismissed the conversation.

She closed her eyes as he caressed her forehead and kissed there time to time.

I know that you are lying Randhir and I will definitely find out why. I am sure I'll get to know the truth from that secret chamber only.

______________________________________

Sanyukta was feeling sick since last one week and today she fainted while working in the kitchen. Renuka got scared and started calling Randhir but Sanyukta stopped her saying that it was just weakness but deep inside she was feeling jitters even on the thought of what she thought it was.

She immediately left to visit the doctor and confirm her doubt. The doctor did the required tests and handed over the reports to her after an hour.

On the way back home, she received vidushi's call. First she thought of telling her the the news but then changed her mind thinking that she'll tell randhir first.

"Umm... Hey Sanyukta." Vidushi sounded pale.

"What happened vidushi? Why are you sounding so tensed?" Sanyukta asked.

"Actually as you had told me, I sneaked into mother's room and found out the details of the person who admitted you to the orphanage." She told seriously.

"That's a great news vidushi. Thank you so much for such a big help. I love you. Please tell me fast, who is that person? It must be someone close to maa and papa or maybe bhaiya's friend." Sanyukta chirped excitedly as her happiness doubled.

"Sanyukta what I am going to tell you is very serious so listen carefully." Vidushi warned.

"Oh just tell me already. Am listening." Sanyukta was having a hard time controlling her eagerness.

"Its ........."

As those words escaped her mouth, the ground beneath Sanyukta's feet seemed to shake. All her happiness, excitement and eagerness faded away and was replaced with shock, hurt and tears.

_________________________________________

I think all know what the news is, right?

But which was the name that changed sanyukta's expressions in a second??

SOMETHING BIG LIKE HUGE TO BE REVEALED IN THE NEXT CHAPTER.

Do you guys want the next chapter tomorrow or later? Tell me through comments.

Vote and comment if you are liking this story and share it with your friends.

Stay tuned!

aesana0710 ReaChakravarti