T E N

15 in #contest out of 1.73K stories.
26 in #writing out of 2.74K stories.

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS😱😱

All thanks to you guys😘😘

______________________________________

"Ankit, your brother."

That was it. Sanyukta went numb hearing those words. Her brother, her ankit bhaiya, how could he do this, no he can't. Then why is randhir lying.

"No, you are lying, I don't believe you. My bhaiya can't do this. He loved everyone so much. No." Sanyu chanted breathlessly.

"Am not lying Sanyukta, your brother killed my sister." Randhir wiped his own tears.

"But...but my brother had a girl...." She didn't complete her own sentence.

Now she knew why Meera's face seemed familiar. They had met each other before. Sanyukta faintly remembered that ankit often got his girlfriend to their home when their parents were not around and introduced the 10 year old Sanyukta to her.

MEERA WAS ANKIT'S GIRLFRIEND!!

Sanyukta started crying hysterically thinking of her family. How could her brother stoop so low. She had always seen him as a father figure as he was 11 years older to her. She had never imagined that he could do such a disgusting act with a girl when he has his own sister, sleeping peacefully at home.

"How could he do this? I...I am so sorry for all you have suffered because of him Randhir. I am sorry." She broke down.

"No you don't need to be sorry Sanyukta. Even after being that beast's sister you are the purest soul I have ever seen. In fact I should be the one to say sorry." Randhir held her shoulders to support her.

"Why are you saying sorry?" She asked in confusion.

She looked at his face with narrowed eyes, trying to clear her vision that was blurred due the constant crying.

Why would he be sorry??

"Umm... I hid all this from you, that's why." He pressed a smile.

Sanyukta looked at his face for a few seconds and then tried to control her emotions, to get back to the topic.

"Its OK. But my questions are still not answered Randhir." She said in a calm tone now.

"There is nothing more Sanyukta. Your parents were really nice people, they had apologized for their son's deed. So after their death when dad came to know about you, he left you at the orphanage at which our company donates 20% of the yearly profits." He said as normally as possible.

"Oh that's really nice of him but then why did you marry me? I mean I am his sister after all." She pitched her biggest query.

"Never ever relate yourself to that bastard again Sanyukta. If you are related to anyone in anyway, its only me and your parents. Nobody else, do you get that?" He suddenly got enraged.

"Hey calm down. I didn't mean it like that. I just asked a simple question, why did you marry me even after knowing everything?" She asked again.

"Because I was asked to." He blurted out without thinking.

"What? Who asked you to marry me?" Sanyukta immediately caught his words and asked him.

Randhir mentally kicked himself for not thinking before speaking. He instantly started formulating ideas to cover up his error.