O N E

Hii!! My name is Sanyukta. Yes only Sanyukta. actually I was 12 when my parents died in a car accident and ever since I have lived here, in St. Cathedral's home for orphans. It has been 8 years since I am living here and I have only vague images of my parents left in my heart.

I always felt unfortunate that I don't have a family. The students of my class used to tease me saying that I am a bad omen and I killed my parents. After coming here even my identity became a big question mark just like the other kids.

But not anymore, I am going to get a surname today, after today I'll be known as Mrs. Sanyukta Randhir Singh Shekhawat.

Yes I am getting married today, that too not to any common man but one of the biggest and richest industrialist of the country. I don't know how I got this lucky. I don't even know how they found me, I was just told by our caretaker, mother Victoria, one day that they had approached her for the alliance.

I was unsure at first, after all he's 8 years older to me but later on my best friend cum roommate, Vidushi, showed me all the bright points of this marriage.

Talking about Vidushi, where the hell is this girl? Here am sitting all decked up for my wedding and this girl has just disappeared.

"Vidushi where the hell were you? I was waiting since so long." I shouted at her as she entered the room with a bag in hand.

"I had gone to do some important last minute shopping for you." She answered sheepishly showing me the shopping bag in her hand.

"What was important that you had to go like this, show me." I urged.

"First you need to promise me that you'll not shout." She forwarded her hand like a kid.

I felt suspicious at this and tried to make her spill it but she stood firm on her ground. Giving up I surrendered and promised her by keeping my hand on hers.

She finally gave me a satisfied smile and opened the packet very slowly to increase my curiosity.

And there it was. I was shocked to see it. My cheeks immediately turned pink seeing vidushi hold it up to me shamelessly.

"What the hell vidushi!!" I heard myself scream, not in anger but in astonishment.

"Hey you had promised not to shout." She exclaimed.

"I am not shouting, but...but what the hell is this, how could you get this for me." I widened my eyes.

"Why not? Am sure your husband would love it!!" She winked causing me to turn a deeper shade of red.

"OK whatever!! Just keep it away, mother will kill you if she sees it." I tried to ignore looking at her.

"OK am keeping it in your bag." She smirked.

After a while she came back with a mischievous smile on her face but this time I didn't bother to ask, what's the use after all??

"My God Sanyukta, I noticed just now, you are looking like a Goddess. So beautiful!!" She jumped excitedly with her hands cupping her cheeks.

I blushed at her compliment. OK now don't ask why. I am the bride. I am supposed to blush at anything and everything.

I forgot to tell you that I was wearing a pretty baby pink color lehenga and matching net dupatta, all with heavy khadhai on it. I was loaded with a very heavy kundan set and other gold jewelry.

 I was loaded with a very heavy kundan set and other gold jewelry