Lazy day

The hot evening sun set a blanket of warmth over me, a nice summer breeze rustling through Nami's orange trees. I lightly rocked myself back and forth on the hammock, one foot pressed against the grassy deck as the other hung lazily over the side. My long hair spilled over the edge, just tickling the ground. With my hat placed over my eyes to block the sun I drifted off into a world of daydreams.

The rest of the crew had gone to the island, stocking supplies and gathering information, leaving Luffy and I alone to watch the ship. He laid bellow the hammock, practicing braiding on a few locks of my hair with a certain determination about him that I loved.

I peaked under my hat at him and smiled before I reached a hand down blindly and grasped his, giving him a light tug, "come here you goof,"

He laughed and rolled out from under the hammock and crawled into it with me, resting between my legs with his head in my chest. One of his hands snakes it's way up and tangled itself into my hair, the other hanging over the edge. He snuggled in closer and hummed, "mmmh, you're comfy, Red."

I gave a short laugh and knocked his hat off, brushing his hair back from his forehead before giving it a light kiss, "and you're a good cuddlier, Luffy."

How long we stayed like that, I had no idea. I'd never known Luffy to stay in one place for more than a minute, but he seemed content with never leaving. I couldn't ask for a better day, but the sun was heading down towards the horizon and the crew would be back soon.

I was about to shake him awake when he tilted his head to look up at me, "Hey! You still haven't given me a ride yet," he smiled up at me.

I laughed, "yeah I guess you're right. I did promise I would." His foot began to flick back and forth, like a tail, and he beamed up at me.

My heart melted, "okay okay, no need to beg. It is a nice day to fly..."

He cheered and jumped up from the hammock leaving it rocking and almost threw me from it in the process, "come one, come on!" He was saying and tugging on my arm.

"I'm coming." I got out of the hammock, taking my time to stretch and almost laughing at his impatient bouncing.

He raced down the stairs onto the main deck, me leisurely following him, my arms above my head and yawning.

He stood in the middle of the deck, practically vibrating from anticipation. I jumped in front of him, smirking, "are you ready!"

"Yes ma'am!" He fake saluted.

"Hey don't call me ma'am!" I giggled and stood up on my tippy toes, giving him a quick peck on the lips before I snapped my fingers and shifted into a dragon.

He cheered and stretched his arms up, grabbing onto a spine and flinging himself onto my back excitedly. I could feel him bouncing and a deep laugh rumbled in my chest, almost like a growl.

I stretched my wings out, flexing the muscles and pulling the webbing taunt before launching myself off the deck with a powerful thrust. I felt the ship rock beneath my feet as I took off and Luffy cheered behind me.

I pulled us higher and higher up until we broke through the film of clouds. I relaxed my wings, letting the air fill them like sails as I glided above the clouds.

The setting sun bathed the clouds in colors of oranges and reds. I dragged my claws through the misty clouds, marveling at how they appeared to swim through it.

I couldn't see him but I knew Luffy was beaming with awe as he threw his arms out, punching holes in the clouds as we flew by.

I laughed again and let out a burst of fire that the clouds shied away from. Luffy laughed as well and let out a scream of joy.

I could feel the sun warming my black scales, heating them up in only the gentle way the sun could.

Luffy let out a shriek of laughter and I pulled in my wings, diving back under the clouds in a spin that sent Luffy screaming from excitement.

I opened my wings, straining my muscles to keep them from folding in to catch the wind right above the ocean water.

Luffy sighed in content and stroked the side of my neck affectionately, giving it a little kiss before resting his forehead against it.

I could hear him whispering but couldn't make it out over the wind in my ears. I smiled, I had an inkling as to what he was saying.

"I love you too," I said back and he gave my neck another kiss.

We flew like that until the sun set, until the stars came out and I told him the stories of the constellations. He seemed to really like draco.

"He flew too high up," I said, "and got lost in the stars.

He laughed as he flipped onto his back, laying down and gazing up at the stars, "I used to look up at the stars with Ace. He liked to tell stories too, but his weren't as good as yours are."

I smiled, Luffy didn't talk much about Ace, but it was nice to hear it. He held so much affection for his lost brother, I could tell just hearing him say his name. It made me miss Reeth and I looked up again at his star.

"I wish I had met him. I want to know the brother that influenced you so much."

"He would've liked you," he laughed as if remembering something that had happened.

I didn't reply, I could tell Luffy was lost in his thoughts.

I listened to the birds as I navigated our way back to the ship using the stars. I hadn't realized how far out I had flown.

When we arrived back at the ship Luffy had fallen asleep and I carefully reached up an arm to grab him, being careful of my claws before setting him down once again in the hammock.

I shifted back into myself and carefully got in with him. I rest my head on top of his chest and listened to his heart as I drifted off to sleep.

It was lazy days like these that made me fall in love with him.