Chapter 6

If someone had told me that I would be following the orders of a bossy, money obsessed girl, I would have laughed.

"I swear I'm going to smack her if I here her tell me to 'hurry up' one more time," I grumbled, putting on an exaggeratedly whiny voice.

"I take you're not a morning person, miss Red," Robin commented from her side of the room as she pulled her short over her head.

"Not in the slightest," I huffed, fixing my hat into place and then pulling my boots up.

"Never has been," Reeth said from the perch extending from the side of the wall next to my bed.

"You're a bird, it's not like you have to 'get ready'," I fixed the holster, the last part of my outfit, and made my way out the room. Leaving Reeth to fend for himself with Robin.

The door clicked shut and I was just about to admire the good weather when I heard a 'snap' and then a 'whoosh' of air along with giggles.

I turned my head to look behind me when a canon sized balloon crashed into my shoulder and water cascaded around me just as I put an arm up to block it.

The same three people who giggled before fell into a fit of laughter. I glared over their way and saw Luffy rolling around on the floor with his hand to his stomach as he laughed with Chopper, Usopp stood over them with a triumphant smile and his hands on his hips. Luffy's arm was outstretched and wrapped around the mass with a pouch like basket hanging from it in the middle.

Usopp met my gaze for a second and quickly fled the scene, dragging Chopper with him. I looked down at luffy, still laughing, and decided they needed a punishment.

It took Luffy about 30 seconds to realize, through his fit of laughter, that he was hanging from the top of the sail with his fingers tied in knots around the board.

Usopp only took three seconds to figure out that he was hanging by his feet next to Luffy.

I stood under them with a triumphant grin on and a laughing Chopper in my arms. My now wet coat was drying over the railing to the upper deck.

"I told you not to!" Nami said from behind me. I looked over my shoulder and she stood with her arms crossed as she shook her head.

"Why?...." I trailed off, gesturing hopelessly to the two boys dangling from the sail. Who were now swinging around.

"Who knows, it's Luffy," she smiled apologetically.

"That's hardly a reason," I rolled my eyes and shifted Chopper in my arms to fix his little top hat that had tilted to the side. He giggle lightly and swatted my hands away before jumping down and running off.

"It works for him," Nami countered lightly, using a hand to shade her eyes as she looked up at them. I followed her gaze to see Luffy flipping through his arms like a hoop.

"Red! Red grab my hat!" He yelled in a distressed voice when it flew from his head and off the ship. He swung his feet trying to grab it but couldn't.

I followed it with my eyes as it fell out over the ocean.

"Red!" He called again, looking directly at me.

I met his gaze for a second before looking back at the hat and running after it. As I jumped over the edge my fingers just brushed it and I grabbed as I began to fall to the water. Black leather wings sprouted from my back and carried me up into the air just before I hit the water.

I landed roughly on the ships deck and let out a sigh of relief as the wings folded back into my shoulders and disappeared.

"I thought you were gonna fall," Nami let out a sigh of relief of her own as she ran to meet me.