Chapter 4

I followed the Straw Hats out of the tavern, making sure to lift my hood back up once we did. Luffy led the group with a big smile, laughing and talking with Usopp. Sanji and Brook were looking over my way, whispering with hearts eyes about something I didn't really care about. Zoro had wandered away a little while after we had left the tavern. Nami, Robin, and I got to know each other and became friends. Chopper was besides me in his walking point while I pet and tangled my hair into his fur which made him blush and declare how it didn't make him happy.

When we got to the Sunny I was taken aback by how bright, happy, and welcoming it looked. It fit in perfectly with the town.

"Wow," was all I could say. Luffy beamed down at me proud that it was his ship. Frankly materialized next to me, "super right?"

I looked at him and nodded blankly but I didn't say anything else.

"Come on!" Luffy shouted, he was already on board having used his Devil's Fruit to stretch. Everyone else jumped up on board after him.

I sprouted a pair of leathery wings from my shoulder blades and used them to fly myself up onto the deck. I landed next to Luffy who, unfortunately, began to touch them and pull at the before I could pull them back in again.

"Cool!! You ate a Devil's Fruit!" He pulled at my left wing and unfolded it all the way, which did annoy me but I forced myself to not react, I was surrounded by a strong crew an attacking their captain in front of them wasn't exactly a great idea.

"A zoan type," Robin observed.

"Like me!" Chopper happily exclaimed.

I blushed at the attention and pulled the wings back in. They disappeared back into my shoulders which left Luffy pouting and whining at me to 'take them back out'. I ignored him and pulled the hood down.

"What type is it?" Nami stepped closer to me with her hand on her chin.

"I ate a rare zoan type, for a Western Dragon," I stated. Everyone immediate became appalled.

"Can we see?" They asked.

"Um? Maybe later," I said even though I had no intent on showing them. It could draw attention  not to mention rare zoan types are harder to control especially if it has as much potential as mine. I didn't want to risk destroying the town or even their ship.

Luffy sighed and held one hand on his hat. He let out a tiny whine which Nami shot a glare to him when she heard it. 

"It sounds so cool!!" Luffy, Usopp, and Chopper had stars in their eyes as they stared at me. The crew sweat dropped.

"So," Nami clasped her hands together, "tell me more about this 'treasure'."

"Well, uh. My mother left it for me in her will when she died. But she died away from home, on Gol D. Roger's ship, so it was left with him," I sat down and began explaining, "I was supposed to come find him to retrieve it but... Well," I paused slightly. I was already telling this crew about the 'memory' which was a lot for me. I didn't quiet feel comfortable telling them about being kidnapped and then sold, "let's just say I got held back for 12 or so years. So when Gol D. Roger died and I still hadn't taken possession of the 'memory' he left it with his treasure, the One Piece. Up till a month ago I wasn't able to leave to find it. I wanted to become a Shichibukai so I didn't have to worry about the marines, but they refused," I finished.

Everyone was silent throughout my story, patiently listening. Halfway through Sanji had brought out three strawberry parfaits with chocolate shavings for Nami, Robin, and I, which I gladly ate.

"Why did they refuse?" Robin leaned toward me with her chin resting in her hand.

"I'm a loose canon," I laughed. Robin chuckled and Usopp stepped back slightly.