Chapter 1

"Gentlemen!" All heads in the room turned to the voice and conversations halted. There, on the windowsill was a Phoenix, with shades of blue feathers along with the orange and red. A long tail with intricate designs curled at the end. Water mixed with the fire rolling off the feathers and steam rose where they met, "I hear you need a new shichibukai."

A few curious glances were exchanged at the sight of the bird and then discussions stared again, completely ignoring him. The Phoenix let out a sort of growl as he spread his wings far across the window, fire and water whirled around him as he took off and landed back down at the round table with fire curling around his feet and water orbited around him like an angry hurricane.

"It is rude to ignore someone when they mean to help you," he spoke with a low tone, his eyes shaded. He stood back up straight his wings going to rest by his side and the fire and water calming down. And as he lifted his head up, the shadow fell from his eyes to reveal his left eye bright blue, and glowing while his right was a red hot orange.

Gulps were heard around the room as the council surrounding the table shifted. This bird had an aura of intimidation, and what was up with the water? A Phoenix with fire and water has never been heard of.

"A-a bird can't be a s-shichibukai," a voice spoke from the front of the table.

The Phoenix turned his head to face the voice as he spoke with a light chuckle, "Of course, but I was not referring to me. "

Eyebrows raised throughout the room and confused looks were shared.

"Then who-?"

"RedEyes."

The room was silent, then an uproar. Voices yelled out their opinions with great distaste.

"I've never heard anything so mental!"

"How can we trust someone like that!?"

The Phoenix was laughing quietly to himself while everyone else argued. Very few people thought it was a good idea to invite RedEyes in, saying that they would be a powerful ally to the world government, but these suggestions were quickly shot down by the ones in fear.

All voices stopped though as they began to take notice of another laugh joined in on the Phoenix's. There, in the corner stood a shaded figure of a woman.

"I knew I would be disliked, but not this much," the shadow spoke up. The figure emerged to reveal a young woman, 18 years old. She had a petite figure with short platinum blonde hair that settle around her shoulders in gentle waves. Her eyes were chocolate brown with gold specks around the irises. She was dressed in a white, old fashioned, pirate blouse that had a frilled collar tied loosely, revealing some of her chest. a long brown coat resting on her shoulders with red and gold cuffs and neck lines. She had black tights that stopped just below the knee and short brown boots to match the jacket. A brown belt rested on her hips that held a holster for a revolver and a curved pirate sword. On top of her head was an old navy blue pirate hat with a big fluffy white feather.

She looked like the definition of an old fashioned pirate. But it didn't look the least bit ridiculous, in fact, it made her look more intimidating and dangerous along with the scowl she wore on her full red lips.

Everyone looked her up and down, the men's eyes lingering a little too long on her chest and hips. She pretended not to notice.

The Phoenix took off from the table and landed on the girl's shoulder, "as expected from you," the Phoenix said and they both laughed again at the joke no one else found funny, "RedEyes," he nodded to her, like a greeting.

She returned, "Reeth."

"So how about that request?" RedEyes placed a hand on her hip and looked at them expectantly with one eyebrow raised.