Chapter 3

(Switching to first person POV)

If someone had told me that this beautiful and fun looking island was full of dangerous pirates, I wouldn't have believed them.

But despite the bright warm colors and flowers everywhere, the people where just the opposite. Tough and mean looking pirates crowded the streets. The men stood leaning against the building walls on the busy street looking the pretty girls up and down that passed, nudging the others next to them when the most beautiful ones walked by.

Any catcalls sent my way where returned with a glare and a flash of sharp teeth. They shut up after that.

Reeth was currently waiting at a shop for a new log pose while I wandered around the town. I had barely no patience and a tendency to wonder, so waiting for an order to come in was best left to Reeth whose patience and attention was the bet I've ever seen. I think that's why Master left him to me.

The marines had followed us here and were creeping around. I was laying low, not flaunting and causing trouble like I normally would. I wore a simple gray cloak with the hood pulled up and shadowing my face. Under it I wore a simple white tank top and black leggings with combat boots. I still kept the belt with the twin pistol and sword holsters incase I have a run in with trouble.

I'm pretty certain the marines have my ship under watch so going back there was out of the option. So I had to kill time by walking around the town while Reeth ran errands.

I turned a corner and saw a tavern. I hummed and walked towards it. Already I could hear the laughter and shouts coming from inside. It's been a while since I sat down at a tavern and had a drink. It would be a good way to pass time.

I slid the hood down and entered through the swinging doors.

I took a seat at the bar at the back of the tavern next to a big and tough looking man. A pirate by the looks of it. I pulled my good down after a quick glance across the tavern for any marines. I ignored the perverted look he gave me and waved my hand at the bartender. I was about to tell him my order when the man next to me raise his hand in front of my face and cut me off.

"I'll pay for this pretty ladies drink," he snickered and winked at the bartender who grew a smirk. I furrowed my brows and sighed inwardly. 'Honestly, if your planning something you shouldn't make it so obvious'.

The bartender slid a drink my way but I pushed it away with a smirk of my own.

"No thanks," I smiled sweetly and turned to the man next to me and placed a hand on his bicep, "I was just going to order a water. Why don't you drink it though? I would hate to have wasted your money,"

He blushed and gulped, sweet began to form on his forehead as he looked at the drink. He was just too easy.

"U-uh, I'm fine really! I-I don't need to drink it!" He stammered and waved his hands in the air. I pouted innocently and rested my head on my hand cutely.

"Why not? There's nothing wrong with it. So just drink it," I said with a Cheshire grin spreading across my face evilly to reveal my sharp teeth.

The man bared his teeth and slammed his fist angrily on the bar counter. At this point the whole tavern had stopped and was watching us.

"You little bitch! Don't play innocent!" He spat at me and got in my face, trying to scare me.

"Your the one who tried to drug me in the first place," I spat out as I stood up with my head tilted down and my hands placed in the table.

Suddenly I got mad, shaking mad. Who was this man to try and pull something like this! If there was anything that got me fired up, it was someone trying to cheaply trick another.