Mini Red

"Okay, Red. This is the rumble ball I told you about," Chopper explained holding up a small orange ball the size of a jaw breaker.

I scrunched my eyebrows up, "I thought it'd be bigger..."

"Uh? No, it's pretty small so I can carry more at a time," he showed me the bag full of the rumble balls. I nodded in understanding.

"No one other than me has tried it, so I don't know how you'll react to it or if it'll even work..." he trailed off before handing it out to me, "but if you wanna try it, go ahead."

"I'm also curious as to the affect it'll have on Miss dragon. It might kill you," Robin said, a finger on her chin on thought.

"Robin-"

I was interrupted by Luffy who jumped onto my back and latched himself around me protectively, "Red won't die! She's strong!" He pointed accusingly at Robin.

Zoro sweat dropped and dragged a hand down his face, "Luffy, I doubt Red's ability to light people on fire will help with being poisoned..."

"You guys are not making me feel better!" I shouted and pulled Luffy's arms tighter around my shoulders.

"I won't let you die Red, I'll be right here if anything happens," Chopper beamed at me confidently and I couldn't help but feel a little more relaxed.

The smallgroup looked at me with anticipation as I took the rumble ball and popped it into my mouth, crunching it between my teeth. The effect was almost instantaneous.

With a quiet 'pop' the ground disappeared from underneath my feat and luffy's arms fell away as I fell to the floor in a heap. Luffy let out a surprised yelp and groped around the arm where I used to be.

I was completely still with shock. My body felt foreign, as if I had possessed someone. I looked down at myself in horror. I had a long, reptilian body like a snake with legs. My scales were the same dark gray as my usual dragon form only with a more purple tint, but that was about where the similarities ended, the scales were smoother and more flat. My wings were gone and instead there was a thin membrane between my legs and body, like a flying squirrel's. My tail was long and flat as if someone smashed it with a mallet and my snout was much longer and thinner with long webbed ears pressed against the top of my head. I was the size of a small dog.

The crew found me on the floor when Luffy stepped on my already squashed tail and I cried out, instinctively sinking my sharp, needle like teeth into Luffy's ankle. He yelled and fell back, looking down at me with confusion while the crew looked with understanding.

"Ahh!" I yelled in surprise and horror and immediately retracted my teeth, "Luffy I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to!"

"Red?!??" His eyes widened beyond normal standards, "is that you??! You're so tiny!"

"Yes, thank you for pointing that out," I said sarcastically and rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, that's her," Zoro said in almost a bored tone as he sank to the floor and leaned against the wall.

I flicked my tongue at him in a snake like manner.

Robin knelt down as well, sitting on her heals and looking at me with a pleased and interested expression. Chopper, who looked both relieved and ecstatic, didn't have to sit down to see me better.