Chapter 31

"(Y/N) come on wake up!"

I fluttered my eyes open and Pippa was leaning over my bed telling me to wake up.

"Pippa what are you doing here?"

"Well the girls and I came to get you ready. Now get up or you'll be late."

I groggily sat up went to the bathroom to wash my face. When I was finished I walked back to my bed and sat down so Pippa could do my makeup.

"Renee and Jazzy are almost here. They weren't ready yet when I left."

"How did you get ready so fast?"

"Well I was excited and I woke up early. I mean who wouldn't be excited to perform in front of the president and his wife!"

I laughed at Pippa as she continued to talk and do my makeup at the same time. She continued to rant to me until Renee and Jazzy walked inside my room. Jazzy took a deep breath, "The security here is unbelievable."

Renee laughed, "Yea tell me about it. I've never seen a place more strict with rules."

As Pippa finished my makeup, Renee started to work on my hair.

"How do you want your hair for today?"

"I was thinking you could (straighten/curl) it."

She nodded her head and then went to work. Jazzy and Pippa were talking as Renee worked on my hair. I watched in the mirror as she worked quickly and effortlessly. She made it look so easy! Whenever I tried to do my own hair I always end up burning myself.

Once she was finished I turned to Jazzy, who had brought a dress and shoes for me.

"Okay so before we came here Renee and I walked to the store and got you this. We really hope you like it."

I went over and I pulled the dress out of the box that they had placed it in. I held the dress out in front of me and I gasped in awe. The dress was slim fitting and it was my favorite shade of (f/c) on top and a black skirt.

"Oh girls I love it! Thank you so much."

Jazzy and Renee giggled and then hugged me. When I released from their hug I went into the bathroom to change into the dress. While I was changing Jazzy slipped the new shoes she bought me inside of the bathroom. They were a pair of simple black heels to go with the dress.

When I finished changing I looked at myself in the mirror, I'm still adjusting to today's style. It's been years since I've been in an outfit like this. I'm just used to corsets and gowns. Now I have to live without wearing one everyday.

I straightened the skirt portion of the dress and walked out of the bathroom. Renee, Pippa, and Jazzy all gasped when they saw me. Pippa instantly walked over and grabbed my shoulders.

"(Y/N) you look amazing!"

"Thank you Pippa."

We were suddenly interrupted by a small knock on the door. When the door opened a security guard stepped inside.

"Mrs. Hamilton, the rest of the cast is here. It's time for your performance."

"Thank you. We will be out in a moment."

I looked to the girls and we wished each other good luck. Then one by one we each walked out of my room. We made our way down the hall, eventually meeting up with the rest of the cast.

Everyone was dressed in their best suits and dresses. Well, except for Lin, he wore jeans instead of dress pants. He wanted to be formal but casual at the same time.