Chapter 37

As Zali sat down in her first class of the semester, she realized that having sex with her lover was a huge mistake. Her torso had started to hurt again like the wound was fresh, and it probably made her make weird faces when she moved.

Isirona had vanished before Zali even woke up, leaving a note by the bed explaining that she had to be at her first class very early that morning. But she did leave a plate of breakfast on the counter wrapped up nicely in saran wrap to keep it fresh.

Bacon, eggs and pancakes with a bottle of painkillers beside the plate. Zali couldn't not love the succubus for treating her like a queen.

Zali took two pills this morning, but stuffed the bottle in her pocket for later use in case she needed it.

One of the students beside her tapped on her shoulder during the lecture before handing her a small piece of paper. Zali hoped it wasn't another person asking for extra lessons, as she didn't want another sister.

Thankfully it was just a note asking if she was alright.

She looked over at the young man who touched his chest before pointing back at Zali with a look of understanding. The boy had short brown hair and a chin strap for a beard. He was clearly an athlete, as he had very nice sneakers, jeans and a red and white varsity jacket.

He looked like the poster boy for a football quarter back. Zali wondered if he had the attitude to match.

Zali wrote her response back on the paper before handing it back, explaining that she had gotten hurt a while back and the wound still hurt.

Still hurt was an understatement. Isirona had explained a while ago that there may be permanent damage, and it wasn't hard to notice that she became short of breathe far easier than she used to. She wondered if she had developed asthma from the event.

The young man glanced from the note back up to the teacher before quickly writing a response and handing it back.

Hold out your hand. He had asked.

Zali raised an eyebrow but reluctantly held out her hand, keeping her eyes on the professor to make sure they didn't get caught. The boy reached over and touched his fingertips to the center of her palm. She was surprised when she found that her pain quickly faded to a slight annoyance from actual pain.

When he pulled his hand away he gave her a thumbs up and a smile. She could only stare back in a bit of shock.

After class he stretched and smiled. "My name is Mitchel." He announced, holding out his hand politely. Zali stood up and shook his hand, smiling softly at him. "What brings you to this crazy awesome school."

"The hunter's guild not killing my vampire sister and succubus girlfriend." Zali confessed.

Mitchel blinked before bursting into a fit of laughter. "That's probably the best story I've gotten out of anyone here."

Zali shrugged with a small smile. "I'm Zali by the way."

"It's nice to meet you. Are you from here or Exodious?"

"I'm from here." She answered, picking up her back pack and putting it over her shoulder. "Do you have a professor named Isirona?"

"I had her this morning." He answered. "She seems fun."

"She's annoying is what she is."

"I'm assuming that would make her the girlfriend."

"Yep."

"Do you have a class after this?"

"I have an hour break before my next class." She answered, though she wasn't quite sure why she was okay with talking to a man she never met before. That damned Succubus really was rubbing off on her.