Chapter 35

"My name is Kendra Fae, and I will be your student council president for this year of classes. I grew up in Exodious as a Keeper in the Wizard's Tower, and there I met a lot of amazing people, who came with me to this school. Together, I intend to help people understand that all of us possess the same good and evil as the people to our left and right. Each one of us is here for a reason, and we all want to show the rest of this world that we can get along. If we can do it in Exodious, it can't be that hard to do here right?"

The crowd seemed to love Kendra's speech, and everyone cheered as loud as they could. The young mage continued a bit longer with her heartfelt talk about how we were the future of this world, and before long a new person made their way to the podium.

Kendra herself made her way back to the chairs set up on the stage, taking the seat right next to Zali, where the two smiled at each other before looking up at the devil who walked up to the podium.

Desdemona was wearing black ripped jeans and combat boots, as well as a black leather jacket. She had fiery red hair and the same colored eyes. She walked up to the podium before clearing her throat.

"I'm Desdemona, and I represent the Nine Circles of Hell." She exclaimed, getting a few people to cringe and whisper throughout the crowd.

Zali glanced over to Aileena and Isirona who were seated in chairs on the opposite side of the stage, along with Octavia and a few other people who she assumed was the rest of the Board of Directors. The two succubi didn't seem that bothered by the devil's statement.

"When I was born- A really long time ago -I was raised thinking that Devil's were the strongest, most powerful race in this world, as were most of my kind back then. We were always picking fights with humans, and of course the angels." She rolled her eyes. "At first it was the angels who proved to be our equal, and in some cases our betters. Then, humans learned this little trick called magic, and we found out we weren't as powerful as we originally thought. When I found out my brothers and sisters in the circle were getting their butts handed to them by old dudes with staves, I thought we were loosing our edge. Till said old guy - Whom you all know as Merlin - literally kicked my Devil butt right back into hell. From that point on, we realized that you guys were not push overs we could exploit. So we started treating you as equals. We started creating contracts to actually help people, not just to steal your souls and gain power."

Desdemona's words surprised almost everyone in the crowd. They didn't expect the devil to go from hating humans to respecting them so easily.

"We quickly realized there was more to be gained by allying ourselves with other races. When I suggested creating contracts with Angels, I was almost cast out by the other circles. When I actually did it, they were even more upset. But thankfully Azazel, Seraphim and Darcel were more than happy to explain to the other members how beneficial the contract was. We stopped giving false promises, and instead taught people how to better themselves, by sharing the knowledge we learned over our centuries of life. I'm now incredibly proud to announce a permanent alliance between the Devil's and Angels, and I'm just as excited to admit we'd like to have one with all of you. If Devils and Angels can get along, what's stopping all of us from doing the same? The only thing that stands in the way of progress is fear. I'm no more dangerous than any weapon or spell someone else can create. We're all capable of the same good and evil as everyone else, and I hope that we can all prove that we're all here to do a lot of good."

People stood up and cheered as loud as they could, but Desdemona only smirked like it was an outcome she expected.

"This is going to be a fun year." Kendra muttered from beside Zali, however Zali's attention was quickly taken when the Fox girl sitting next to Vanessa stood up, along with the green Zealot who was seated next to her.