Chapter 3

Zali was back in her class when she noticed the Succubus had returned to her. Izzy said nothing, and made no attempt at making herself known. Instead she simply returned back to her mistress's body without a word, and no one else seemed to notice so Zali assumed she had done it invisibly.

How the Succubus managed to sneak through a school of demon hunters, Zali didn't know. Her class was mostly over, the last few minutes spent with her class doing some work. Zali had already finished and was going through one of her own books.

"How did you get in my head without anyone seeing you?" Zali called out in her thoughts, hoping the Succubus could hear her.

"You noticed? Forgive me Mistress I thought I could do it without being a bother to you." Honestly Zali was surprised by the answer. She wondered why the demon was so submissive to her.

"You didn't bother me, I'm just wondering how you didn't get caught and without anyone noticing." Zali corrected. She glanced up at her teacher before looking back down in her book. She knew the professor in front of her was a professional demon killer. He was well known in the Guild for his killing method of attacking without being noticed.

"There were several traps laid out in the school, but luckily I am able to return to the other half of my soul - you - whenever I need to and with no need to physically find you. It seems I'm very attracted to you." The sarcasm and humor in her voice, or thoughts, was obviously apparent.

Zali fought the urge to groan aloud.

The class came to an end, and Zali left her classroom. She had her advanced magic class next and was not looking forward to taking her exam. She would have to cast a spell made of pure aura, rather than lightning or flame like the was used to, and even when she practiced she was never able to successfully replicate the spell.

"I can help you if you like?" Izzy called to her as she entered the courtyard where the practice dummies were set up. Students were already firing their perfect balls of energy into the magic dolls.

"How? You can't materialize without anyone seeing you." Zali warned.

"I need not leave you. You should be able to feel me with your consciousness. Using this you can use my thoughts to cast the spell."

"Why are you trying to help me so much?"

"I live to serve my Mistress."

"You weren't supposed to be a familiar, so I don't understand why you enjoy it so much."

"I enjoy your embarrassment. Being in your body allows me to feed off your emotions as if they were my own."

"You like the feeling of embarrassment?"

"I like you feeling embarrassed, due to my actions. It's slightly different."

"Just help me with the spell." Zali almost snarled the sentence aloud as she had clenched her jaw tightly.

Zali could almost feel the succubus's movements. Like she was standing inside the mage's body. She moved herself to match the demon's stance and found that she was facing one of the practice dummies with her left hand pointed to it.

"You're left handed?"

"I'm ambidextrous." Came the demon's response. "I can switch sides if you like?"

"Please."

Sure enough, Izzy moved so Zali's right hand was facing the dummy instead.

"Magic moves through your body like blood, and the aura and energy used in the most powerful of spells is no different. Controlling elements is one thing. But controlling the raw magic is very different. It's harder because most people are not used to its raw form. They're so used to changing its form, that it becomes hard to skip that step."