''Its fine, I will ask my bro to drop you.'' Bhagya offered

''No, its fine! I just don't want attention. I will sneak in on my own.'' Sona took her leave deciding to walk back, her house was just a block away. The mere thought of having Bhagya's brother as a company made her puke, the boy was so obsessed by animal kingdom that he believed it was his duty to enlighten the world aboutbthe same. He would discuss all about them with the first person he could catch hold of, that included the minute details of the anatomy making  the listner thtow up all.

She knew it was safe, 70% town knew her and were aware about the dangers of eyeing Aadhavan's daughter. She smiled at the irony, only if her father knew that the danger lurked inside the house.

Sona felt somebody behind her, her throat dried. Without turning she quickly picked up the pace, it would take her 5mins only if the stalker didn't reach her before. The more she tried the more her legs froze; she decided to face the stalker. Her plan was clear, she would hit with her heavy back pack.

She turned and froze, she could hear a chocking sound on the other side of the human wall. She knew Dev stood between her and the whoever stalked her, ''Go home Sona!'' he commanded

''I can handle my stuff.''

''I won't repeat, go home !'' She sensed his anger, walking backwards she quickly retreated.

Dev held the diminutive drunkard by his jaw, ''if you wish to live any longer, make sure you are not seen anywhere near this place. Got my point!'' The man shivered, his jaw had been hurting bad. He didn't wanted to imagine his fate if that iron hand landed on him. He nodded, Dev pushed him hard and watched him fleeing away.

Shaking his head he walked back to the villa, he never left Sona alone not being able to trust his mother. He could never relate to his mother's unreasonable anger and hatred towards Sona. He took it to be pain for the loss she incurred in past.

He was aware, his attitude worried her but he was unaware that he was nothing like his demonic Grandfather and father, he was like his Great-grand mother, the late Queen Gayatri and his aunt Dipika Rathore.

***

''Sona, come here. Aadhavan called out for his daughter when he found her passing by the main room. ''Yes dad!''

"Have a look!'' he handed her a set of papers.

Sona went through them all shocked, ''You are sending me to Ivy School London!''

Aadhavan nodded happily, ''What about Sagar? I won't go without him.'' She feared for her younger brother's life. The smirk on Netra's face had send chilled her down the spine.

''Sagar is going to Doon School, he will be going to London after his 10th.'' She sighed, but them Netra had the capability of harming her dad when alone. Sona wasn't ready to take chances, her eyes went to Dev who sat playing Sudoku on the couch opposite to them.

''Dad, I will go, on one condition.'' All eyes were on her now, Aadhavan waited for his daughter to complete the thought, ''I will go if Dev Anna accompanies me. He should too do masters, don't you think.''

Aadhavan nodded, he loved Dev as a son. Though , Dev never addressed him as a father, he respected the man too much. His eyes watered hearing the word Anna.

''Dev, I think it's an excellent idea. I always wanted you to pursue higher degree.''

''Its not required, you did enough.'' Netra interjected, with Dev gone her plans would come to an abrupt halt. They had started small attacks on Rathores and she was impatient to watch them die and soon.

''Rubbish, I was never in favour of him quitting after bachelors. He is smart and knowledge never fails anyone.'' Turning to Dev he asked, ''So son, would you honour my wish.''

Dev smiled, his eyes locked with Sona, ''I will Sir, anything for my sister.'' Sona smiled walking out with Netra in tow, she turned Sona around with a jerk, ''Do you think this can save your dad and brother?''

This time Sona stood up, ''Watch out your tongue, and yes it will. One scratch on them and I will make sure to end your son's life slowly and painfully.''

''You have the audacity to talk back.'' Netra warned

''You compelled me. I can do all for the ones I love. Remember, it won't take me much to get rid or make him useless for life. If you can be mean, I can be meaner.'' Netra saw the rebel in Sonakshi. The girl had grown up, she decided to retreat. Sonakshi still had confidante in the old Palace who would do the unpredictable. It was just her father's happiness which kept her silent. Netra decided not to try her luck.

Dev heard all, he smiled. He had followed his mother knowing she would hurt the little girl. He was thankful that she took a step, even if it was the one filled with hatred.

It was late in the midnight he decided to go back to his chambers, he loved spending time alone before going to bed. As he walked past the rooms, his feet halted outside Sagar's room. He had dozed off on his study table while revising for his test. Dev walked in silently, lifted Sagar up and placed him on the bed. He caressed his head and left after covering his curled with a comforter . Unlike Sona, Sagar was far more affectionate towards him. Dev tried to get up, Sagar wrapped his arm around him, ''I will fail Anna!''

Dev looked into the eyes of his younger brother, ''No you won't, I have faith I you.''

Sagar smiled, ''Will you help me revise.''

''I will! Sleep now, I will wake you up at 4:00 AM.'' Sagar grinned wide. Dev patted his cheek before walking out

He walked out with a smile plastered to his face. His feet halted to find Sona blocking his way, her arms crossed, ''You know, I find your mother better. She hates us and she is outright open about that. You hide it under your affection. I know, one chance and you won't blink before slitting our throats.''

Dev watched her, ''I can't help with what opinion you have about me but know this, if ever such time comes. I will give my life to save you, and that day you will know what you lost.'' He walked off without waiting for her to respond.

Sonakshi shivered, in her heart she didn't wanted to lose him. Even when she refused to accept, she knew he was her guardian angel. Someone, whose presence filled her with immense strength. She quickly followed him, ''Are you trying to get me emotional?''

''Are you emotional about me?'' he asked busy setting his bed

''I don't want you or anyone else to die for me. I am not heartless.'' She taunted

''If I ever die, it won't be on you. I promise. Now go back and sleep, you have school tomorrow.'' She didn't move. He turned and found her frozen to her place, her big doe like eyes fixed on him. Dev walked to her, ''Sona, what's wrong?''

She didn't speak because she couldn't tell him she cared. But her eyes gave up, she made no sound yet tears made their way down her cheeks, her eyes still locked with his. He cupped her face, ''Will you tell me what's wrong?'' He sounded worried

''Why...you always want to die?" She accused

He huffed, ''I know you care, and that matters. Even if tomorrow you kill me for saving the ones you love, I won't complain.''

''You heard all!'' She asked

''Yes, I did and glad to know my little Sona can fight.''

"I never intended to kill you or anyone. It was just a ...'' he covered her mouth with his palm seizing the flow of words, ''I know, but let's just be the secret between us. Hate me like you always do and all will be safe.''

''I can't hate you more Anna.'' He hugged her as she sobbed. He was happy today, all that mattered was the little girl whom he took to be his the first day he stepped into this house. He was determined to protect her anyhow

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here is Devansh and Sonakshi. Do drop in your views and comments.