♡ | Chapter 6

"fate has a really messed up sense of humor..."

We were all set for the promotion campaign in the Seoul shopping complex.

It was in the form of a game. 43 customers at the supermarket will be chosen to play it with the BTS boys.

Basically, there will be 50 tags. 25 of those tags will bear BTS song titles from their latest album Love Yourself: Answer, while the remaining 25 would bear the lyrics of the respective songs.

The lyric tags will be given to 25 boys including the BTS boys and the title tags to 25 girls.

The goal would be to match the titles with the lyrics. The first couple to match would win.

Now, it might seem like a simple game. But let me remind you again that it's being held in one of the biggest shopping complexes in South Korea.

The participants will be scattered throughout the busy complex. And none of the participants will be seeing the participants of the opposite sex before the game starts.

The only way to identify whether a person is a participant would be by the baby blue ribbon around their neck to which the tag is attached.

Once our caravan closed in on the complex we could spot a huge crowd at the entrance.

Oh boy. Looks like it's time for my first paparazzi/fan girl survival. Here goes nothing.

Two bodyguards got out first to ward off the crowd and make space. Right after that I got down, followed by the boys.

That's when the flashes and screaming started. At first I didn't even know where I was going. Thanks to my inadequate height made it hard to look over the heads of the crowd.

But ultimately I managed to follow the bodyguard at the lead. The crowd kept shouting the boys names but all I could make out were screeches. I hoped it wasn't like this inside.

The cameramen had already set themselves up in strategic spots on all floors.

The BTS boys were ushered in different directions by the staff while I stood there awkwardly.

The game started in 10 minutes.

And even though I wasn't participating I could feel the excitement in the air. I had already seen about three ribbon wearing competitors rushing around.

A couple more minutes passed but I still heard no confirmation of a winner so I decided to walk around a bit.

Something on the floor caught my attention because it was the same colour as the tag ribbons. Upon closer inspection I saw that it was indeed a tag.

Did someone drop it?

I picked it up and checked the tag. It was a title tag, meaning that it belonged to a girl.

I looked around to see if there was any girl looking for something she lost, but there wasn't. So I wore the the tag and went in search of her.

On my way around I encountered two boys wearing tags who cross checked with mine to see if it matched, but it didn't.

By and by I started feeling excited myself. Wearing the tag made me feel like I was a competitor too.

Having had enough of roaming that floor I stepped onto the descending escalator.

While gazing around, my eyes locked onto a pair of familiar brown eyes that were starring at me from the ascending escalator.

We were both shocked by the coincidence of meeting here. To make things even more unfathomable, he too was wearing a tag.

I knew the exact moment he noticed it when his eyes dropped down to my tag.

When the escalators brought us almost right next to each other, he placed his hand on the ridge and swung himself over onto the descending escalator.

"Gotcha!" He said with a grin.

"Huh?" I was too shocked to form a coherent sentence.

"You're the title to my lyric. What a freaking coincidence, eh?" He said with a grin.

That prompted me to glance at his tag. He was right. He had the lyrics of the song I was wearing.

I couldn't believe this. It was too many coincidences for such a short time. Fate has a really messed up sense of humor.

The moment we reached the lower level, he looked around and exclaimed, "ah, there!"

He was pointing at an umpire.

Is he going to...? I'm not even a competitor!

"Wait..." I tried to clutch his arm to stop him.

But something else caught his attention. I looked in the direction he was looking and saw Jungkook rushing towards the umpire with a girl at his side.

"Come on!" Yeon Ji, the guy fate brought to me, grabbed my hand and ran.

Jungkook too noticed us and started running.

Yeon Ji and I were at advantage since the umpire was closer to us. But the tables turned when Jungkook left his partner and sprinted at full speed towards the umpire.

AN

Oops this chapter was a bit of an info-dump. Sorry about that! I just wanted to make sure you would understand the game properly!
Please do tell me if my explanation was too much!! I swear I won't get upset! I just want honest feedback!