♡ | Chapter 16

"answer me, Jungkook..."

Jungkook's POV

As soon as the seven of us got into the caravan, to my surprise, it drove off.

What the heck? What about Lisa?

"Wait! Lisa didn't get it!" Jin exclaimed before I could say the same.

"Miss Lisa called me just now and told me to go without her." The driver answered.

"Why?" Jin asked.

"I don't know, sir."

"Huh? She was coming with us right?" J-Hope asked, looking extremely confused.

"She got held up." Jimin said, looking rather concerned.

"What happened?" I asked him.

"Hm...I don't know exactly. She was behind us. I only noticed cuz someone was trying to pull my bag. Saw some gaurds too...but...I don't know."

"Gaurds?"

"Yeah...it's probably nothing though." He repeated, even though he himself seemed unsure about it.

"Maybe she forgot something in her room?" Namjoon offered.

"She's not like you." Suga dissed, making Taehyung and J-Hope laugh.

"Her number's busy." Jin announced while clutching the phone to his ear.

I closed my eyes and leaned back against my seat.

This familiar but rare feeling that was bubbling in my chest was unwelcome. Specially since it was related to someone other than my hyungs.

"Hey." Taehyung slung his arm around my shoulder to get my attention.

Keeping my eyes closed, I acknowledged him with a grunt.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah."

"Yeah? It's that why your tongue's so unsettled?"

"What?"

"You always move your tongue like this..." he mimicked the action by poking the inside of his cheek with his tongue, "...when your annoyed or worried about something."

Oh, I never noticed that myself.

"I'm not annoyed," I said, trying to dismiss his trail of thoughts.

"You're worried though."

"Told you I'm not. I'm just stressed about the performance. Can we stop talking about this?"

"Why do you keep avoiding things? You know we have to discuss about it someday and it might as well be now!"

"What's the use of talking about it?!"

"I wanna know where we stand!"

"We?" I thought he was talking about Lisa.

"Yes, we! You keep being hot and cold to me! I don't even know how to act around you half the time. Honestly, what am I to you, Jungkook?"

The whole vehicle was thick with awkward tension and pin drop silence.

Though the others had their eyes on their phones, it was obvious that their attention was on us.

I really don't get why Taehyung has to pull it out all the time. The only thing it did was create an unwanted rift between us. Why can't we just go on with the flow without trying to label ourselves? I hate it that I have to measure every single step I make when I'm in public. But having to do the same when I'm with the ones I care for and cherish the most; the ones who've always been there for me; the ones who've seen the real me, was worse than anything.

"Answer me, Jungkook." Taehyung pleaded.

"I...don't know," I answered with a frustrated sigh.

Taehyung gave me a defeated look and then exchanged seats with Jimin.

I hated myself for hurting Taehyung in any way. But how can I answer him when I myself don't know the answer to that. What were we? Friends or lovers? The only thing I knew was that the answer to either would be 'no'.

~¤~

The crowds cheers were deafening as we danced while singing a song from our latest album. The exhilaration it brought was indescribable.

We were almost at the end of the song when I suddenly started feeling dizzy and nauseous. My limbs felt heavy and my moves seemed sluggish like I was trying to dance underwater. What's going on? I blinked hard and tried to focus on my steps.

Come on Jungkook just a little more. Get a grip on yourself!

I felt my body sway sideways, almost making me fall had it not been for Namjoon standing next to me.

"You okay?" He quickly asked without making it seem too noticible.

From of the corner of my eyes I noticed Jimin giving me side glances while singing.

"Yeah." I took a few quick breaths and straightened myself, trying not to make it obvious, to the crowd, that I was on the verge of passing out.

Once the song ended I rushed backstage without really knowing if I was even going the right way. I knew I wouldn't be able to stay focused for more than a few more steps.

Finally I saw someone rushing towards me. Without a second thought I staggered towards that person and instantly collapsed in their arms.