Prologue

"We...

... Are creatures of many things. Wonder. Kindness. Hatred. Destruction. Good. Evil. Bringers of death, or bringers of life. It is who we are. What we are. But... We have a choice as to who we want to be. A choice that determines whether or not we are what our title is. We may make mistakes, yes, but it is in our actions on whether we atone for it that will label us forever...

We have been in the shadows of our past ancestors and suffering from their mistakes; it is a price we must pay. A heavy price. One that is costing our kind their lives.

I fear that I won't make it, my young one. But you... You have the capability to change the world. Change the way our kind is seen. Whether we are from the same species or not. Now when I say this, my love, I mean that there are many types in one's kind. Us for example, come, in many. We are Night, we are Day, we are Darkness, we are Light, we are Stars, and WE are the SUN.

WE are the most feared amongst all kinds. The most sought after. Many wanted us for our power. But then our ancestor made the mistake of killing the ones who sought after us, putting us in a bad light.

And now...

We are being hunted.

We are being cut down every day to the point of extinction. We must run. We must hide. We must never come out of hiding, for if we do, our time on this world will be cut short.

I know that you won't like this. But it is the only we can survive, to keep our kind from not ceasing to exist. I hope that one day you will see why we, why I, had to do this. And even if something may happen to me one day, just know that I did this to keep you safe. You will forever have my love...

... My little Sunflower."

[*]

Author's Note: Please comment, heart and enjoy~