🍓 - Tough Guy

Y/N's P.O.V

We were just on our way home from a night out with friends. We don't like eating out a whole lot so tonight we decided we would just make something nice at home. It was the beginning of fall so it gave me an excuse you dress in the cute wool sweaters most people love, but the best part was that C/N would wear scarves and Oh my lord did he look great in scarves. It was a late evening as we began our short-ish walk home, we had all decided to go to the retro diner up the street from our place so, we had an advantage.

By the time we got through the door my feet were aching, I rarely wear nice shoes. C/N headed straight towards the kitchen saying, "Go get comfy! I'm gonna make us some real food." I laughed, he's very proud of his cooking. I decide to go to our room to take off the small amount of magic I had put on for tonight's outing. I wash my face quickly to change into pajamas, I threw my hair up in a badly done messy bun. I didn't really care what I looked like right now, I was exhausted from the dinner. As I settled myself cozily on the couch I began flipping through channels before changing to Netflix, then began scrolling through that too.

I got bored of trying to find something to watch so I took my hair tie out letting my hair fall messily around my shoulders - I was getting a headache - and made my way to the kitchen where C/N was cooking. I was getting a bit tired so I calmly wrapped my arms around him resting my face on his back. I swear I could feel him smile. "What'cha doin' back there, hmm?" He asked, turning the temperature down to make sure the pasta or sauce didn't burn. I mumbled something in reply, not knowing if he heard me or not. He chuckled softly, "Getting tired?" I nodded making sure he could feel me move. He continued cooking as I let go and sat on the counter he wasn't using. I swayed my feet back and forth, relaxing and thinking to myself. I watched as he moved around the kitchen with grace. Although he worked in a big company which reviewed restaurants, I knew he wanted to be the one behind the stove. I smiled to myself, I wanted him to be as happy as he could possibly be. Though, sometimes, that's not how it plays out. Anything could happen within 24 hours.

As he bent down to reach into the oven I realized he didn't have gloves on, but by the time I told him to stop he had already grabbed it. A slur of curses could have been heard 4 houses down with how loud he was yelling. I had hopped off the counter, grabbing his arms and pulling him towards the sink, turning the water to lukewarm. When there are burns you don't want to use ice cold water because that could f*ck up the nerves in the area (At least I'm pretty sure). After he had calmed down, and his hands had been rinsed for a few minutes. I pulled them out of the water and observed them quietly. I began to smile a bit. "What are you smiling about??" he asked with a hint of frustration in his voice. I looked up at him, raising my eyebrow, giving him the look of What the hell did you think was gonna happen? He did his best to hide a smile by rolling his eyes, "Yes, yes, I'm an idiot, I knoooow." He stifles a laugh. I ask him if he wants to go to the hospital to get them wrapped or if we have the stuff here for the night. He decides that we can just go in the morning since he made the food already and didn't wanna wait for later.

After we had fixed his hands up as best we could, I told him he wasn't gonna use them until we got the OK from the doctor tomorrow. I prepared the rest of the food and brought it to him at the table, we made the choice not to watch anything on tv. We just sat and talked while I fed both me and him. He tried to do it but I smacked his arm (conscious of his burned hands). The burns weren't overly bad I just wanted to make sure. I smiled to myself as I fed him a spoon full of winded up spaghetti. He gave me a weird look, when he finished his food he spoke, "What are you smiling about now?" I wiped his face before leaning over and giving him a tender kiss. "Nothin' much, just thinking about how much I love my Tough Guy." I stifled a smile as I kissed him once more.

I know this is short but like, It's somethin'