Chapter 15: Wash Away the Shame

As always, don't forget to vote, comment and fan... I love to read your comments & appreciate them. Thanks, Crissy =:)

This is one of my favorites... it's so touching....

Sorry if you feel it's repetitive, but it is REALLY important .. it almost make me want to cry it's so sweet :)

**************************************************************************************

Recap chap 14:

I loved them both in very different ways. One was sexy and lustful. One was loving and compassionate. In that moment, the line became clear. I knew who I wanted, who I couldn't have lived without. I knew who would have died if they had to live without me. I took a few breaths to calm myself. Tears overflowed. They were tears of joy and sorrow. For one it would have meant happiness, for the other it would have meant agony.

I opened my eyes and faintly whispered a name. My choice.

"Xavier."

*********************************************************

Chapter 15: Wash Away the Shame

Arianna POV

He carried me to my room, cradled me like a precious prize and slowly set me on the soft bed. I was unsure of what I would have said to him, what I thought. I knew I brought this upon myself. I was ashamed, regretful and fearful that he wouldn't have seen me in the same way after what happened to me. What had I been thinking? He loved me. He sat next to me, stroked my hair and gently embraced me.

"Thank you." I breathed a weak but meaningful sentiment.

"There's nothing to thank me for. I love you." He glanced at me, surveyed my ravaged body. I knew he felt afraid, felt the shame that was in my heart. He shook his head weakly, like he beat back some shameful feelings of his own. He got up to leave, but I couldn't have let him walk away. Not like this.

"You should get cleaned up. I love you and everything, but you look like hell." He joked, tried to lighten the dark mood that enveloped us. I needed to wash away the guilt and shame that covered me. He needed to wash his away as well. This was the only way we could have started again, gotten past what happened.  

"Will you help me? I don't think I can do it myself." I knew the answer I wanted. I just hadn't thought I would have gotten it from him.

"I'll get Maria. I don't think I..." He trailed off questioningly.

"I don't want anyone else to touch me. I want you." He was thoughtful for a moment, warred with himself. I knew he wanted the same thing I had, to wash it all away.

He carried me to the bathroom and set me gently next to the tub. He ran a hot bath, while I removed the sheet and what remained of my clothes. His eyes swept across me. I was embarrassed. Not because I hadn't wanted him to see me naked before him, but because I knew the anger and guilt he would have felt when he looked at me.