Chapter 5: Cat Fight, Meow

As always, please comment & vote. a special shout out to Elisabeth for the kind words of encouragement. Thanks!

*****************************************************************************************

Recap chap 4:

"Goodnight MY... " Here it came, the reverence again. "Prince Xavier." I shut the door behind me. What was that? Had she been nice to me?

Now I felt guilty!

***********************************************************

Chapter 5: Cat Fight, Meow

Arianna POV

Sunlight spilled across my face when I slowly roused from sleep. I remembered last night's close call and felt a little bad about it. The thought that Xavier was just outside my door seconds after his brother straddled me... yeah, that was guilt alright. The thought of what may have happened made me shudder. Guilt oozed off my body like sweat. It was time to get my mind on something else.

I jumped out of bed and made my way to the enormous bathroom. The room was white from floor to ceiling. Marble tiles adorned the walls and floor. I stepped out of my clothes and into the shower. I perched on the shower seat and waited for the water to turn steamy.

I remembered how it felt to have cool hands on my body, the tingling feeling, the rush of blood to all surfaces of my body, the way his lips felt against mine... Stop it! You have to stay away from Ronan for a while. That was ... too close. I let the water wash away the shame. It took quite a long time, but finally all traces of it were gone.

I stepped out and took off to the closet. After I deliberated, I decided on a soft brown sweater dress, black leggings and black Mary Janes. I let my crazy waves of hair fall where they were. It was better when they dried naturally. I set out from my room, and looked for something to occupy my time that was unrelated to the Prince, his brother, or my current situation.

I started walking, and then happened upon Selene. Super... just super! This was not what I had in mind.

"Good morning Selene." I acknowledged her nicely. I glanced in her direction while I attempted to walk by without making eye contact.

She was beautiful as ever. She wore a corset top with a plunging neckline, no doubt to draw attention to her well endowed bosom, and a very tight pair of leather pants. She really enjoyed running around flaunting the gifts that the good Lord had given her. It was no wonder she had guys falling all over her. I hadn't seen what Ronan saw in her, although she was not the type I would have chosen for a bride. She was a little too... friendly for someone like him to have been with. Be that as it may, it wasn't my place to have said anything. It didn't help my situation to be concerned with his affairs so close to his wedding day.