19 | You'll See

❝ try to spend your spare time around meand you'll see, Omega

try to spend your spare time around me
and you'll see, Omega. ❞
— Morgan

  TO SAY THAT MORGAN WAS WELCOMED to the 'Omega' home was an understatement; Trudy truly loved the woman that she was already planning to ask Morgan to move in with the household. Kenny, the lovely and sheepish chap that he was, had flushed in embarrassment. The Ontario born was standing there with a cheeky smile, only to reply that she would if it wasn't for the fact that she wasn't family. Kenny's eyes widened when his mother — yes, his mother of all people — suggested that Morgan should marry him, skip the courtship and dating. Rather than saying anything else, Morgan laughed quietly and had turned away to watch the latest game of hockey with his father.

Their relationship progressed— that's what Kenny believed. His admiration from afar and her opposite feeling for him changed as they bonded over wrestling and hockey. Morgan wouldn't refuse to go out for a walk with him along with his large pet friend — she fucking loved dogs, for crying out loud. Kenny had noticed the changes, and was happy with it.

Whilst she had changed, another thing that he had noticed was the tension. He didn't know if she felt it too and had chose to ignore it. He never spoke of it, already thinking of the fact that their progression would go back to zero.

He didn't want that.

Flying back to Japan wasn't harsh as they flew there together. There were times when Morgan had wondered where he was when she needed a traveling partner the most. Not that she cared for a company but she didn't know that she needed a Kenny Omega.

Opening up wasn't an easy task, truthfully. Morgan had kept her mouth shut for so long that she didn't even know if she had a voice of a story. But Kenny understood, willing to wait as if he had the time of the day. The woman didn't make an exact decision when she started to speak to him about the time before the Omega household had welcomed her with open arms.

"So," he paused before he watched her sip on her tea, "y— you know what? Screw it, you have a sister then?"

"I consider her a pain in the ass," she shrugged and settled the cup down, "but yes, I have a step-sister."

"And your father—" Morgan shook her head at the memories that she can recall as she interrupted him.

"Had been absent throughout my high school years but I had chosen to ignore it," she continued before smiling grimly, "but it's alright you know? I have a lot of things to be concerned about. Like who's going to win the Stanley Cup, or who's going to be bringing me breakfast if I sleep in."

"My apartment is few blocks away from yours," he answered casually, as if she was asking if the grass is green, "I suppose I will."

"Please don't tell me you're going to cook it," she shut her eyes tightly, crossing her fingers as he chuckled.