10 | Boss Lady

❝ since I'm the Boss Lady,I want you to get your hardworking ass upand speak to Omega

since I'm the Boss Lady,
I want you to get your hardworking ass up
and speak to Omega. ❞
— Samantha

IT WAS PATHETIC. That was at least she thought it was.

The back of her head was found getting smacked by a pillow two days after the interaction with Kenny. She grunted and laid her back into the mattress, she immediately shot up when she saw a sight of Samantha - who had been gone for four weeks to work. "What else did I do and why are you here?! Not to mention, it's..." She glanced over the alarm clock. "Six in the morning!"

"Good morning, too, lazy head." Samantha sat down on the edge of the bed, sending Morgan another smack on the back of the head. "Should I say, Miss 'I will stay with you in the same room but I will ignore you right after' Ashworth." Morgan groaned, not knowing if wanted to cringe or be mad about it.

"I don't know or I don't care what the hell did your dumb husband say to you, but if I ever hear a damn thing about what I said or did; I swear I will end your careers." Morgan knew she's not an early bird and she would normally say it to every people that she knows. But, the fact that people brought up the same topic repeatedly made her want to make the threats come true. "Allen is just fucking around, Sam. You know that."

"That's what you told Ibushi about Kenny, right? No wonder why Omega's upset." Sam muttered, handing the warm paper bag of McDonald's. Morgan snatched the bag from Samantha's hand.

"They need to stop," Morgan exclaimed, taking a first bite on her McGriddles. "They can't push me from dating Omega. I get that they're concerned or whatever but damn it, they need to stop expecting me to say 'Omega? I love him' because people are gonna end up hurting each other."

"So, you're saying that you don't want to be in a relationship?" Sam asked.

"No, not that..." Morgan trailed off. Does she want a relationship? She wanted relationship - hell she wanted even more. She wanted a marriage and children so that she can promise about taking a good care of them. "I can't have any commitment. Commitment is a very scary thing for me."

"Who said anything about commitments? It's just Kenny Omega, he's not like your ex." Sam assured. "Kenny is trying, and I can tell that. He's great, he can wrestle and he's the male version of you-"

"A person with a fucked up story? Sounds like me." Morgan scoffed.

"Morgan Kate Cartier Ashworth, please." Sam stopped Morgan from speaking. "Just give him at least a chance. He doesn't care whether it's a friendship or more than that. He wants to know you, all of us know that. It's just you who doesn't believe it." The Ontarian stared at Sam with her eyebrows raised.

"Give me a reason why I should... better yet, just leave me alone and let me sleep." Morgan rolled her eyes, turning away from her friend she continuously ate her McGriddles. Sam huffed, finally had enough of Morgan's stubborn attitude as she stood up.

"You know what," The British Columbian crossed her arms. "Fine, since I'm the Boss Lady here. I want you to get your hardworking ass up and speak to Omega." Morgan's sarcastic laugh was heard after it was demanded, Sam already knew what's gonna be the answer.

"No."
"Morgan."

"Look, I don't know Omega. I don't know what the hell is his weakness and what are his allergies. I don't know shit about him, and I'm not planning to discover everything about him. Okay?" Morgan argued, rage suddenly disappeared. "I can't deal with another heartache that I know I can't fix." Sam sat once again, her palm touching Morgan's cheek.

"Sweetheart, listen." Sam spoke softly. "You've moved on and you felt better. It wasn't because of tequila and alcohol, it's because she gave up without letting you know and you tried. You deserve the truth, and I know Kenny is willing to give you that. Everyone's pushing him into you is because we can't tell everything about you, and he is willing to tell every little information that everybody doesn't know."

Morgan remembered that she once said that Kenny got a hold on her. If it's true, then she would be smiling at him.

"Omega!" Weeks after, she found herself chasing Kenny with a box that looked more like a present rather than a paperworks. "Kenny!" When the curly haired man turned, Morgan saw the unpleasantness spread on his face. He wasn't happy and she's not sure why. "So, I didn't approach you because you have to work on a card of something but I honestly have no idea what to-" Kenny scoffed.

"Cut the shit, Morgan. I don't want to waste my time if we're not talking about the matches here, do I?" He snapped, the woman flinched as she felt like she wanted to leave quickly. And so she tried although the rude words was followed with another. "I'm not waiting forever. Not every people's waiting for you." Morgan sighed, shoving the box on his chest and grabbed the envelope that laid on the top of it. She ripped it off.

"I guess I spent three hundred bucks for nothing then," she muttered. The ripped envelope fell from her hand, her head down as she walked past him. "Enjoy your gift, I guess. And you're right." He was left alone, hallway became dead silent as he looked down on the wrapped box. Carefully, he ripped the wrapper off.

He saw a limited edition figure of Mega Man. Something that he loves others from Morgan's existence. He crouched down, grabbing the contents of the envelope. When he stared at it, the regret took over him. Not knowing how to make it up to her.

He was so stupid that he decided to turn down the offer of bonding over the thing that they both love: hockey.

It was just another pathetic thing that Kenny had done. He was just lying to himself, he would wait for her forever.

NOTE :

Do you think that Morgan is tired of the chase? Why or why not? I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter!

Too sweet me,
Dana.