17 | Troubling You

​❝ I should stop troubling you

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

❝ I should stop troubling you. ❞
— Morgan

October 14
Ashworth-Iliana Residence
Thanksgiving Day

   ❝HAPPY THANKSGIVING, SWEET CAKE.❞ Morgan swore that she wanted to mutter the same thing bitterly as a greeting to her father. After spending most of her holidays by watching Roderick Strong and Chuck Taylor get drunk and curse at each other while Adam Cole mumbles sweet nothings — which apparently is their kind of friendship tradition that she wouldn't miss — she had managed to be in a family dinner. Something that she'll never get used to if it wasn't for the people that she needed to socialize with.

She can admit that she missed the only biological parent that she had but she'll never say that catching up with her second family was the fun part of reuniting. God, she wished that she can fly back to Japan and do her job instead.

But she promised that she was going to see him, "Happy Thanksgiving, Dad." And she happened to be late. Something that the normal type of Morgan didn't care about. The Ashworths both knew she made it there. The father was happy to see her.

Marvin Ashworth was a high school baseball coach in Ottawa where the beginning of his love story began. She was too interested that she was proud of it until she realized that there was no happy ending. The third time they deployed her mother, she thought that it was going to be temporary. If anything happened and mattered it was the loss of the originality of her beauty and the tragedy of moving from her hometown to another province. It felt like it all just happened yesterday but the time was ticking. She was saddened and mad but she couldn't point a finger to anyone. Changes happen every time, she told herself mentally and shook her head.

She was greeted with a hug and a kiss by her stepmother, Denise, and a remark by her stepsister; someone that she despised since her father eloped with Denise. They've finally sat down for her to see the feast of the evening, a plate sitting in front of her as she locked her eyes on it. "How are you? Is Japan treating you good?" Marvin had asked her, making Morgan chuckle humourlessly and nodded.

"I guess," she answered nonchalantly, "my contract is going to expire soon and I've received another one from a different company and I haven't thought ahead of it yet." It was true; she kept herself busy with the future events of New Japan and practicing lines for an audition. For them, it was a career but she thought that they were the distractions also known as stress. Her future consists of having a family; perhaps a career was a part of it. She couldn't care less. She wanted to enjoy making shitty remarks while she's young.

"Really," squealed Denise, "that's awesome! Would you like your first glass of champagne, dear? I'm sure you haven't had one since you arrived in Canada." Oh if you only know what I did few days ago, Morgan smirked slightly before nodding and reaching for it. She mumbled a 'thanks'.