2 | I'm A Genius

❝ trust me whenI say that I'm a genius

trust me when
I say that I'm a genius.
– Kenny

August 17
Osaka, Japan

HER LAUGHTER WAS LIKE A PLASTIC FLOWER, it was colourful but fake and it didn't have any fragrance of joy. The only source of her joy can be found somewhere that people can't find: probably at the Bermuda Triangle. Morgan sat somewhere at the backstage part of Korakuen Hall with flashcards on her hands. It wasn't a simple set of flashcards, it was a questionnaire and information about the Canadian history. Growing up with a Social Studies teacher as her father, she knew that she should know the whole history of Canada at the age of one. It was a shame, Morgan can easily forget about a lot of things, but why the history? However, the real question is-

"Why are you even reading something about the Canadian history?" The curly-haired Manitoban named Kenny spoke. Morgan's gaze moved from the flashcards into his eyes, it wasn't cold but it was just a stare that can make any people leave her alone. It didn't work for Kenny, in fact he just sat next to her as he started to read the written question at the card. Before Kenny could speak, Morgan spoke.

"Why are you even here?" She retorted. "I mean, this is a very quiet part of the place but you just suddenly came out of nowhere without a reason. Just tell me why you're here and leave." Sure, she have heard his name - and might've seen him back at different indy wrestling promotions such at PWG - but the Ontarian doesn't have an intention on getting to know him.

"I heard your voice from the locker so I figured maybe I can follow it so I can see you." On the other side of reality, Kenny Omega have heard and have seen her as much as she did. But the difference between her and him was he has an intention of knowing the fellow Canadian. He knew from the very beginning that he's not the guy who wanted enough, he's the guy who wanted something more that'll make him feel better. "I just like seeing you."

"Sure, like everyone does," she merely scoffed. "Mister Omega, you don't want to waste your time staring at me as I read some random shit while working." Again, Kenny didn't leave as she groaned inwardly.

"This isn't random, this is Canadian history," he said with a shrug. "I also like staring at you and trust me when I say that I'm a genius." Morgan scoffed again and took the frown off her face before responding.

"You like being a stalker, don't you?"
"Nope, but I love Social Studies."

"Alright then," she smacked her lips before bringing up another piece of card to look at. "Who was the English-speaking Métis leader who was hanged for murdering the Irish Protestant named Thomas Scott?"

"James Wolfe?" Seconds after the answer, Morgan imitated a buzzer as she told him that it was incorrect.

"Wrong, it's Louis Riel," she shook her head. "James Wolfe was the British leader who fought against Montcalm and his French army back at the Battle of Louisbourg and the Battle of the Plains of Abraham. Meanwhile, the Red River Rebellion was taken at 1869. Meaning that the Seven Year War was a century apart from the Rebellion."

"I've been history-schooled by a woman," he laughed softly and a clap.

"This is basic but yeah, so save your breath and leave," she said with the smile. Just like her laughter, her smile was like a plastic flower. In fact, it was a fake smile but for Kenny, it was eye-catching and his true definition of perfection. However, Morgan didn't want anyone to bother her and Kenny wanted to change that. Now, she's asking him to give the blonde Ontarian some privacy.

"Alright, Miss Morgan," he cleared his throat and leaned his back into another crate to face Morgan. "I honestly had no idea why you're pushing me aw-"

"I'm not, I'm just desperate for silence." She interrupted and reasoned out. She wasn't lying, working as the event organizer and working on her master's degree in University of Alberta at the same time made her want to slam her head through the brick wall of intoxication. Kenny – as the additional distraction – just made her pull out the statement about him making things worse.

"Well then," he nodded. "Let's be friends." And with that, she snorted and laughed as if Kenny's joking. He knew that he wants something more though Morgan didn't like his statements. It was never funny for him, but looking at Morgan's face right now, she thought that he can easily pull a joke out of a serious request.

"Dude," she shook her head. "You don't even know who am I as much as you don't know who Louis Riel is." Kenny, being the stubborn that he was, just smirked as he respond with a shrug.

"I mean, that's why there's a thing called friendship where people can tell people who they are." He beamed in happiness. "I could be your General Brock to your Tecumseh if you want to unite the bitterness and something better."

"You know you're pretty cheesy," she grinned but then her childish grin turned into a frown. "But your presence right now is pretty shitty, so I'm sorry if I sound rude. That's just the way of how I ask everyone to leave."

"You're right," he sighed before standing on his own feet. Morgan's attempt on smiling victoriously failed when she looked down back at the flashcards and heard his voice. "I can at least see you around, right?" She raised the flashcards without bothering to look at him as a sign of threat. He shook his head, defeated.

He felt the failure as it struck him. It was the first time he had a proper interaction with the Ontarian. Realizing that it was also the first time he had failed on making her smile, he walked away with a wave of his hand as a temporary and polite farewell.