6 | Nothing's Happening

❝ so, we're just gonna cuddle hereand pretend like nothing's happening? ❞– Morgan

so, we're just gonna cuddle here
and pretend like nothing's happening?
– Morgan

TWO IN THE MORNING BUT THE UNCOMFORTABLE feeling never left her as her eyes were closed, soft snores coming out of her mouth. Late night competition against Kenny was a bad idea – that's what she said as she flinched and nearly screamed when she heard a 'hey' whispered in her ear. It was another bad idea that Kenny had done and he knew he doesn't care. Some words that she spoke never happened, but looking at the pillow that she was clenching, he knew that-

"You are so dead to me, Omega," she snarled before covering her face with the pillow. "What the actual fuck do you want? I'm trying to get a sleep here." He moved to face her as he kept on staring. "Don't make me feel even more uncomfortable, this couch is enough." She muttered as he offered her something.

"I told you I should've slept there instead of the bed," he spoke in his low voice. "I can share the bed with you, though." She groaned inwardly before rejecting him again.

"Hell no," she turned to her left side to avoid Kenny's eyes. The night was enough for her, she's not prepared of getting attached and she wants to keep the "I hate you" statement to rub it off his face. "We're not even dating and screw you, my feet are sleeping. Once that you wake these up, they'll kick your ass. Literally." Another thing that'll make her fall? His soft chuckle that's ringing in her ears as she tried to forget about it though he was just there waiting for her.

"We're not dating because you keep on rejecting me," she huffed as a comment in his response as she shrieked, feeling his arms behind her back as he carried her. "I'm gonna carry you to bed instead." She didn't bother to go against him but she asked him a question that he would definitely answer at the right time.

"Why do you keep on pushing things like this?"

"Because my Morgan instincts told me to," Weariness could be the most popular word to use when describing his voice. But kudos to him and his politeness, the drowsy feet and broad arms managed to carry the weights of the Ontarian to the place where she had been wishing to sleep in. Despite the annoyed feeling, Morgan didn't fight back; a good thing that he should be celebrating about.

She felt the soft sheets as her back was laid down on the king-sized bed. He was lucky enough for not throwing her because he knew exactly what he's going to get, and an ass-kicking in 2 AM was never his favorite thing. "Fuck," she muttered before hiding herself under the sheets. "Does it really have to be this cold in your room?"

"Well, I'm gonna deal with the heat later this afternoon." He shrugged slightly before continuing with a coy voice. "And uh, I feel pretty warm right now, so if you want to- uh..." When she shot him a glare, he suddenly turned away to avoid her deadly stare.

"Are you offering me your body as my heater?"

"Hey, you don't have to accept it. I'm just being me." He reassured, trying not to put their 2 AM conversation in an awkward situation and trying not to make Morgan hate him even more. He rolled over his side to avoid her eyes before hearing a throat-clearing noise and an answer- probably a question.

"Their blankets are no help, what are we gonna do?" She muttered as he turned to look at her. Half-way through freezing to death – the over exaggerated words that she had stated last time when the December weather at Japan appeared in the middle of August – Morgan finally gave in, her body collided with his warm and cozy body. He sighed, slightly adjusting as he held her closer before hearing her ask another question. "So, we're gonna cuddle here and pretend like nothing's happening?" She queried.

"Is it cuddling to you?"
"Does it look like shoving each other to you?"

"I mean, you wouldn't call it that because you 'hate me' and you would rather jump off a cliff than to stay in the same hotel room with me," he shrugged before getting nothing but silence from her. She had her eyes closed, probably don't care about Kenny until he continued. "Tell me something." She peeked with her one eye before huffing.

"Something what?" She mumbled. "Be at least specific."

"Why are you opposed to relationships?" Silence once again. Not that he was judging her because of her own idea, but the curiosity just took over him. She was silent, Kenny was thinking that he offended her with the latest question that he asked. "I'm sorry if I-I made you feel uncomfortable, you don't have t-" seconds of stuttering in nervousness, she spoke.

"Because, I suck at relationships and love or whatever you call it." She clarified, not even planning to open her eyes as she kept on going. "Last time I ran a relationship with someone, my girlfriend became a bitch because she started hanging out with those football bastards." Kenny blinked.

"So, that makes you-"

"A bisexual, yes." She nodded through his chest. "I was humiliated even though I told her that I would support her in cheerleading. I ended up being the typical loser who got talked about by people in the school and who had a cheating girlfriend. That's exactly why I never liked being the topic of an issue."

"I'm sorry," he mumbled.

"Don't be, you didn't do shit and I still hate you." She murmured, glancing at him once again. "If you want to hear another reason – or a fucking bedtime story which is you don't really need-"

"No, no..." He mumbled softly, his eyes were tired and closed. "I have to ask an actual question."

"A'ight, what the hell is it?" Despite the exhausted pairs of eyes and mumbled words that came out of their mouths, Kenny wanted to ask the question that Candice had dropped as a fact. It was something that he thought was easy for Morgan to answer.

"Are you a family person?" He knew he should've not asked that when she responded with nothing... Again.

"Well, would you consider a bond between you and your parents and a sudden appearance of hatred and disappointment as a family?" She abruptly quizzed him, a fake smile formed in her swollen lips as he gulped. It was dark and he knew he couldn't answer it, she knew he couldn't answer it and so she ended the conversation with a sweet, soft and spoken words. "Good morning, Omega."

He wanted to know everything and he knew that it was just a progress. He wasn't afraid of knowing her better, hell he wasn't afraid to make her smile not in her own way. But, what he didn't know was a part of his shirt ended up getting wet with the tears that slid down from her eyes and sobs were quietly cried out in pain. She was hurt and it wasn't a good morning for her.

NOTE :

Ooh, I'm back after five days. What's up?

After reading the whole chapter, I have a question for you: why do you think Kenny got his shirt (a part of it) soaked with tears? Are there any particular reason why did that happen? Leave your thoughts on the comments and thank you everyone for voting! Love y'all.

Too sweet me,
Dana.