3 | Based On What You're Staring At

❝ well, based on what you're staring at,do you think I'm freezing? ❞– Kenny

well, based on what you're staring at,
do you think I'm freezing?
– Kenny

August 18
Tokyo, Japan

ANOTHER NIGHT MEANT PROBLEM, that's what Morgan told herself as she sighed while rubbing her palms, finding heat through her hands but found nothing. She muttered beneath her breath as the cashier finally gave her the plastic bag of cup noodles to her. "Arigato," she bowed with a respect as she walked out of the convenience store, blowing in the cold air as she shivered. An unusual night in Tokyo meant the December feeling night to experience. It's cold but not from what Morgan had expected.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck," she cursed repeatedly as she looked around to see pairs of eyes staring at her as if her soul went somewhere far from her. It wasn't because she was swearing, it was because she was wearing a short-sleeved tee in the middle of the cold weather. She could've blamed the hunger, but, rushing out of her apartment – that was several streets from the convenience store – without being aware of the chilly atmosphere goes to her forgotten instincts. "I should've at least worn a jacket. Gosh, you're such an idiot, Morgan."

Thinking about the failure, her left hand met her face while shaking her head. "I'm just gonna try to make it," she told herself. "Without freezing to death." She continuously walked down the street.

It didn't scare her, of course. Living in Japan for a year meant that she's nearby using the Japanese language correctly, and of course she had to be independent since she's living by herself and now that she's been working for New Japan for a year. Being independent didn't scare her, but the fact that she can feel someone following her made her want to run at her apartment. But instead...

She flinched away when she felt something over her shoulder. "What the actual hell!" She screamed, thankful that nobody heard it but... Kenny. She shot a glare through his eyes as she spat, "What the hell are you doing? Why are you even here?" She was halfway through putting him into trouble, but Kenny surrendered with his hands raised in defeat faster than Flash.

"I gave you a jacket," he shrugged his shoulders. "I figured you were freezing." She scoffed in response.

"How do you even know I live here? Are you stalking me?" She asked, glare was stuck on her face as he shook his head. "Then what are you after all? Daredevil?"

"Just a man with a sense of Morgan," he beamed just to receive a cold stare from her. "I live here– actually here." When he saw her shiver, he dragged her into the nearest apartment. Morgan, the woman with a sense of honesty and lies, furrowed her eyebrow at him as she shot him a questioning look.

"Is that the reason why stalking me is a brilliant idea?" He flipped the switch as the light lit up as he chuckled and shook his head, settling the plastic bag that he was holding before he saw her in the middle of the street. "Don't laugh, Omega. This isn't funny."

"Morgan, you're beautiful, I get it." He said with a nod. "Just because you're pretty, it doesn't mean that people deserve a chance to stalk you. Bad things don't turn around your world, you know?" He continued as he worked on the kettle that he was heating up. "But sometimes, you have to learn not to flatter yourself with accusations."

"Accusations can be the truth sometimes so why not to flatter myself until someone tells me a thing." She scoffed. "However, it can make me look like cocky and I don't want to be a cocky, arrogant person. Why am I even here?" Before she could even make a step towards the Japanese low dining table, Kenny pointed at her shoes. Of course, a part of her was polite and respectful enough to take her boots off and to put it nearby the front door.

Growing up as an only child, everyone thought that she was spoiled. But they never think about the fact that she grew up with a father who had thought her to be independent and polite although Kenny gets a different treatment.

Hearing the kettle make a high pitch noise, Kenny stood up to take it. He returned with the boiled water in the steel kettle and two pairs of chopsticks. That's when Morgan realized that he was offering her a small thing and she had quietly accepted it, taking the plastic off and peeling the cover of the seafood noodles slightly as he poured the water. The steam of the water coming out as she sighed. "You can take the jacket off now, you know?" He spoke.

"Yeah, right," she nodded, taking the oversized jacket off as she passed it to him. She closed the cover of the noodles and sat the pair of chopstick down on the top of it, her eyes wandering at the apartment as she spoke. "You realized that I don't like you, right?" When he closed his, he decided to sit down at the low chair in front of hers.

"I figured that one out before you even know it," he paused with a tiny smile. "That's why I should start again, and I'm losing again so I have to do it once again." He stopped when she raised a hand as a gesture as she questioned him again.

"What do you mean you have to do it again? Can you be, like, more specific?" She asked, hearing Kenny clear his throat to make something even more clear than the foggy statement that he had made.

"Well, others from the fact that I had been planning to get your attention... I figured maybe I can also make you smile, could be difficult but it was worth the risk." Within the minute of speaking, Morgan's eyes was nowhere to be found but on his jacked body. Kenny continued and didn't notice it. "But if it's not working, well it's much better to do it again and be familiar with what I'm doing."

And when the Manitoban saw her eyes popped out of her head, she spoke with a different question. "Do you even freeze when it's cold?" She asked, practically drooling. If you would ask her, she would say that she doesn't like him but her saliva would be the help that she will need because of Kenny's burning body.

"Well, based on what you're staring at, do you think I'm freezing?" A smirk started to form on his lips as she stopped zoning out, looking up at him with a frown.

"Don't flatter yourself, Omega."
"Same goes to you, Ashworth."

"You know what?" She said. "Let's stop this, I shouldn't be here. I should be packing my things up while sipping on my noodles, but since you decided to offer a heat inside your apartment, fuck it. I'm just gonna make things quick and finish my noodles." She didn't want another stupid game to start as Kenny nodded, the smile disappeared.

However, knowing the fact that she finally gave him the attention that he wanted, he knew it was his first victory. And ever since he had spent minutes with her, he started to fill his brains with questions out of her. All he wanted now was her smile and her everything and answers to every question that his heart came up with.