16 | Special Place

❝ you always have a special placein my heart, Ashworth

you always have a special place
in my heart, Ashworth. ❞
— Drew

October 10
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Morgan's Apartment

MORGAN CAN NEVER SMILE when it comes to simple things. She would often fake it but it'll eventually turn into a wide grin and laugh when she sees something stupid — especially when she sees Dustin get stupidly drunk and call out one of his friends. She would smile sure but they'll never see it unless she had beaten someone through a video game. Or, if they had given her a Nintendo game like the ones that a secret admirer (she thought it was 'corny as fuck') had given her. Up to this day, she was wondering if ta a he person would turn up after a year or two of shitty antics and mind games.

But Morgan can smile when they make her feel like she's special. Even if she hated the feeling, she felt appreciated by her old schoolmate.

Drew Mason — the name that sounded weird yet satisfying for her —  used the number that she had given to phone her, asking if she was available after school hours. The Ontarian was quick to say yes, inviting him to her little hiding place called apartment. He wanted to have a pleasant conversation to catch up with her — a typical thing that can make her groan in disgust. She insisted to make a meal and he didn't need to be convinced just to stay.

Morgan had to bring him inside the apartment by herself, she had been telling him to make himself feel at home. She had also noticed that he had changed into a blue button down shirt and khakis pants that were hiding under his black coat and scarf. Another thing that she had noticed was a bottle of champagne. At least he brought the good stuff for a good time. He swore he saw a smirk on her face.

By the time she had finished cooking the supper, they have sat down and enjoyed it. Quietly. There was a moment of silence when he finally broke it and spoke, "So, I haven't seen you ever since you left for University of Alberta..." she nodded and moved her gaze towards him.

"Yes, I haven't returned in Manitoba for a long time," she responded, "I've been working."

He smiled, seemingly interested with the topic and asked, "Why didn't you work here then? Should be easy to drive four to five minutes from the school to your flat." Morgan never spoke about her job to anyone who knew her in this neighbourhood – or to anyone that she never met through wrestling.

"Can't," she answered shortly, "I wrestle, mostly on Reseda, California. And I haven't been staying here in North America since I graduated from university. I only wrestle once in two or three months because I've been living somewhere far."

"And so I've heard," he spoke, "What is it that you do, anyway?" She answered it as if it didn't matter, playing with her food as she was speaking.