Get Up On Your Own [Filler]

//Two weeks later//
- Third Person's pov. -
🎼 Play music 🎼

Walking out of the hospital, Yuki and Shikamaru make their way towards the training ground. While Yuki had just been released, she had been allowed to start training right away. Stretching her arms as she yawns, Yuki's wings attempting to stretch as well but are restricted by their bandages. Shikamaru, who was walking next to her, flinched slightly at the sight of her wings about to smack him in the face but let out a relieved sigh when they don't.

"When do the bandages come off your wings again?" Shikamaru asks while letting out a tired yawn.

"In a couple weeks, but then I have to go through physical therapy to be able to use them again." Yuki says as they arrive at the training ground.

Shikamaru nods before heading over to a shady tree before laying down for a nap while Yuki goes to the middle of the field where a signal training post stands. Taking what Sasuke had personally, Yuki gets into a fighting stance before attacking the post.

 Taking what Sasuke had personally, Yuki gets into a fighting stance before attacking the post

- Shikamaru's pov. -

Thunk, Thunk, Thunk, "Fuck!"

Slowing opening my eyes, I look over to where Yuki was murdering a training post until she slipped and fell onto her wings. Shooting up, I rush over to her and help her up while being mindful of her wings.

"You're going to damage your wings even more and never be able to use them if you keep going like this."

Yuki rolls her eyes but is grateful none the less, "Thanks."

"So, are you done allowing his words get to you?" I ask while watching as she gets back into a fighting stance.

She falters before turning towards me with a raised eyebrow, "How did you know?"

"Well, for one thing," I begin while walking over to her, "your feet are too far apart." I tell her as I gently push on her arm, unstabilizing her, "Another would be that I saw Sasuke leaving the hospital in a mini hissy fit followed by Naruto who looked done with everything before the two left for their respected training."

Yuki sighs and sits down before pulling at the grass in anger. I sit down next to her after a beat of silence.

"He said I wasn't strong enough and it was my own fault for getting as injured as I did on the rescue mission!"

Instantly I felt anger rise within myself. How could he be angry at her? All their opponents were stronger than them so it was expected for them to be a bit banged up, but this mission would've originally gone to the Jounin or ANBU had there been any available.

"Does he know the stakes we were put up against?" I ask as calmly as I could.

"Well, yea," Yuki begins as she looks up and watches the clouds, "but I don't think that matters to him. He was just angry I was hurt... Team 7, its like another family. We treat each other as siblings so, I guess he was just mad that he was the reason why I was hurt?"

I contemplate what she said for a moment before sighing and laying next to her, joining her in cloud watching, "Well whatever the case, don't let it get the best of you. You're strong and you'll continue getting stronger."

"You know... You can be smart when you want to be."

"Troublesome women... Great way to break the moment."

~

//One year after the rescue mission//

-Yuki's pov.-

"Come on.... Come on...." I say as I flap my wings, I had been in the air for a half hour so far but I wanted to get back to the solid three hours of flying without getting tired like I used to be able to do.

"You're almost there! Keep going!" Kibo's voice calls from below as he stands with Shikamaru, a medic from the hospital, and one of the clan's medics.

It had been six months since I finished healing and started physical therapy, so far I was making amazing progress. The theory of me not being able to fly was shattered within the first day when I was able to fully stretch out my wings and flap them enough where my feet left the ground for a good second. Now, to be fair I was exosted and my wings were sore afterwards, but I had done it.

Going from there I continued therapy, Shika or Kibo accompanied me to the sessions as well. Days like today, they'd both come and Kibo would be shouting encouragement from the ground where's Shika would hand me a water bottle while yawning and saying something along the lines of: "Just watching you makes me tired."

"Come on... Come on... Oh no." My flaps then begin to speed up while I came towards the ground in attempt to slow my decent.

Once there, I landed on my butt and panted. I barley had enough energy to catch the water bottle that was chucked at me by Shika.

"That's what you get for going until you exhaust yourself." Shika says while the clan medic goes behind my back and helps me collapse my wings into my tattoo.

I shouldn't need help, but the damage from the fight was so sever to where I have to learn to fly and close my wings again.

"I know..." I groan out before taking Shika's outstretched hand and stand up.

I slightly loose my footing as I attempt to take a step forward and almost fall before Shika grabs hold of my shoulder.

"Thanks." I say while smiling up at him, my heart rate picking up slightly at the close proximity between us.

A slight blush appears on Shika's face as he mutters a, "You're welcome."

Kibo then choses this moment to walk towards us. Quickly, we let go of each others hands and Shika looks away while my heart races faster confusing me slightly. When it first picked up speed I had just thought I was tired but now...

"Come on! Let's head back to the compound. Shikamaru, you coming?" Kibo asks as he slings an arm around my shoulders.

Shika looked like he had been caught red handed at something before he processed what Kibo had asked.

"Ah no, sorry. I have to report to Lady Tsunade." He says while yawning slightly.

Kibo and I both glance at each other before looking back at Shika. I then nod and tell him its fine before we start to walk back to the compound while Shika leaves for the Hokage's office. I wonder what he was so flustered about...