Dragon Festival

- Yuki's pov. -

Chaos, that was the best way to describe the clan. It had been three months since I joined the academy and five since we moved to the village. The cherry blossoms were starting bloom, signaling the preparation of the Dragon festival.

The festival in itself was troublesome to begin with, getting everything ready and then celebrating, but then branching the celebration out to the whole village as they decided they wanted to join in as well.......... Let's just say mother and father didn't get much sleep with everything that had to be done.

The Dragon Festival originally began as a way to celebrate the clan gaining our wings and worshiping our summons, as well as a ceremony to induct those old enough into the contract signing. Now, it still has the same importance but, with the boss summon's permission, the other clans are allowed to watch the ceremony and take place in the festival.

"HAGANE! WHERE ARE THE CEREMONIAL DRUMS?!?" Mother yells down from the attic followed by a series of loud crashes and thumps.

"The same place they were in the valley, they're in the temple" Father says tiredly as he nurses his coffee.

"WELL WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME BEFORE I WENT INTO THE ATTIC?!" Mother shouts as she climbs down from said attic with fire in her eyes and her wings spread threateningly.

My eyes, along with by brothers and dad, widen at the sight of mother. Thinking quickly, Tsubasa picks me up and we, along with the others, fly out the window leaving father to deal with mother. Even as we flew farther away from the house we could still hear Father's pained shouts along with Mother's angry ones.

Shivering slightly, Tsubasa finally releases me allowing me to fly on my own.

"Mothers are scary......" I say while flying next to my brothers as we fly towards the center of the compound to help out there.

"Here here" Kōri pants out before landing, followed by me landing on his shoulders to be carried.

Kibo chuckles at our expense before ushering us towards our Aunt's house to get ready for the festival. "Come on, let's go get ready so mother doesn't get angered more than she already is." 

We all shiver before complying to his will. Walking into the house we're greeted by our cousins who are already dressed for the festival.

"AH!! You guys are here! Hurry hurry! Your father already sent a message to us about how your mother is!!" The voice of my aunt shouts before her figure appears around the corner carrying bags containing our festival cloths

Shoving them into our arms, she ushers us into different rooms for us to change in.

After a while of struggling to figure out how to clasp my top, I finally step out of the room I was shoved into while holding my street cloths in the bag my festival cloths were originally in.