The Beginning Of It All

- Yuki's pov. -

Idiots. They're all idiots.

"You know... When Iruka-Sensei said we were getting our teams today, this is not what I had in mind..."

After teams were announced, the sensei's come to get their squads. All but one. My team. And you know whose on that by now don't you?

A frown crosses my face as I observe my team from my seat two rows behind the idiots. First there is Naruto, who I can get along with just fine it's just that... He's to loud. There's Sasuke too, he's all right, or at least he was before the massacre happened and then he became a brooding child. And then Sakura... She was... To put it lightly... A let down. Sure she was smart, but that was it. I'm officially scared for my life.

'But then again... There's always hope.' I think to myself once I see Naruto starting to come up with a way to get back at Sensei for being late and decide to help him.

- Sasuke's pov. -

'I'm surrounded by idiots...' I think while looking around the room.

There was Naruto, who was complaining about our Sensei being late. Sakura, was being an overall annoyance as she screamed at Naruto for complaining and giving me a headache. And then there was Yuki, she wasn't doing anything to make her an idiot, no she was too smart for that. She sat at the back of the room and observed us as we waited and, if there was anything I remembered about her from when I was younger, was that she was assessing just how much her life was going to be put in danger based on our team.

The scrapping of a chair brings me out of my thoughts. Looking up, I'm met with Naruto setting up a trap for our VERY late Sensei with the help of Yuki. From what I could see they were using a variety of tools but the most prominent would have to be ninja wire along with some of Yuki's senbon.

"U-um, what are you guys doing?" Sakura asked while eyeing the senbon wirily.

"Setting a trap for Sensei to teach him not to be late." Yuki replied while attaching a wire to the ceiling.

"But that's dangerous!!!! What if the senbon hit Sensei?!" Sakura shirks out in concern.

I roll my eyes and rest my head on my fist while watching the two with interest, "If they can't dodge their trap then they shouldn't be a Jounin."

"Oh Sasuke, you're so cool!" Sakura shouts while hearts surround her making me and the other two to sweat drop.

- Third person's pov. -

"Well, now all we need to do is wait." Yuki says after her and Naruto finish up with the trap.

"Yea! I hope at least part of it catches them off guard!" Naruto shouts before freezing when he feels a heated glare at his back.

Turning around, he sees Yuki glaring at him, "Lower your voice."

"Hai!" Naruto says in a softer tone while shaking a bit in terror.

Just as Sakura was going to shout at the two, the classroom door slides open to reveal a Jounin with a good two-thirds of his face covered by either a mask or headband. Right as the door fully opens a click is heard as the wire is cut before a chain reaction is set off. Senbon rain down upon the Jounin while ninja wire come at him from all sides to tie him up while shuriken spin towards him from behind him in a 180 degree attack.

A poof of smoke is released once the wire makes contact with the Jounin. Once it dissipates a log is revealed in his place wrapped up in wire and impaled with senbon and shrunken. Slow claps can then be heard from behind the four newly made genin as they whip around to see the masked Jounin clapping at their attempt of attacking him.