Mother

Rey woke up to a heavy weight on top of her. Her eyes fluttered open to see Ben on top of her, clutching her tightly and snoring quietly. Rey smiled and wiggled herself out from his hold. Ben stirred a bit but ended up still sleeping, now with drool coming out of his mouth. Rey pulled up the comforter and tucked Ben in. She checked the time and realized it was pretty early in the morning. She grabbed a few clothes and rushed into the bathroom to change. When she came out Ben was there smiling sleepily.

"Morning Rey," Ben said getting out of the bed. Rey smiled and the two hugged eachother tightly. "I'm glad I stayed over, Rey. Your mom had some friends over last night and they were getting so drunk to the point they tried to come in here for I don't know why. They sounded upset so I locked the door." Rey felt her cheeks flush and hugged him. "Thank you, Ben. It me a lot."

"I understand Rey. I'm going to protect you no matter what. It's the least I could do for the years I wasn't here for." Rey shook her head slightly. "It's okay Ben. You don't have to-" Rey was cuaght off guard when Ben wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her in close. He smiled and hugged her tightly. Leaning in close to her eat he whispered, "but I want to protect you." Rey looked at Ben's face. He had a serious look of his face.

"I want to tell you something- uhm Rey... I really-"

Ben's phone rang and he reached into his pocket. He started to open his mouth before he rolled his eyes. "Don't worry, I'm at Rey's you idiot-" the other person must have hung up becuase Ben turned off his phone and looked up at Rey and smiled. "I have to go but I'll see you later," Ben said giving Rey a small kiss on the top of her head before he left. Rey smiled and got off the bed. She walked down the stairs and saw the whole house was a mess. Obviously her mom had more then one friend over. There were beer bottles strewn everywhere and something that looked like throw up on the floor. She rolled her eyes and proceeded to clean up the residue of her mothers little party.

"Rey, I'm going to the store." Rey turned to see her mother stumbling out of the dining room, her hand over her stomach. Rey gave a confused look but her mother proceeded to ignore her. She grabbed the keys and stumbled to the floor when she reached the front door. Rey rushed to her mother who was burning up with a fever. She pulled out her phone and dialed the ambulance, her mother screaming in agony. The paramedics came and took her mother in a matter of minutes. When they reached the hospital Rey paced around in the emergency room, her eyes trained on the door that confined her mother from her. A doctor came out and a shook his head.

"Your mother needs to stop drinking. It's littarly killing her and the baby. She is under anesthesia so you can go and we will let you know when she is awake." Rey stared at the doctor before he walked off. Rey turned around and exited the hospital before walking around aimlessly. Was her mother pregnant? Was she going to be a sister? Who was the father? Was the baby conceived under influence? These thoughts swirled around in Rey's head but vanished when she looked ahead of her. There was Ben and a guy with bright orange hair screaming at one another.