Rest In Peace

"How dare he," Rey muttered as she walked down the street. Her eyes stung with tears. Who did this guy think he is? An annoying, dumb thief, Rey thought swearing vengeance. She walked back to her house and threw herself on the sofa. There was a new bottle of wine, empty on the table and her mom was no were to be seen. Rey sighed in displeasure.

Ben smiled as Rey passed him a pink crayon. Rey giggled when he colored the sky pink and blue. "Ben, the sky is purple, never pink or blue." Ben frowned and rolled his eye's. "In the human world I heard that in the morning the sky is pink and blue. Even yellow and purple!!! Not this stupid pitch black or dark purple sky-"

"Fine, fine. It's not like we will ever see it anyways, you would have to wear tons of sunscreen," Rey said giggling as Ben picked up thier finished drawing. Ben was a red colored stick figure while Rey was a blue figure. They were holding hands above a multi colored sky and they had a big smile on the faces. Ben pinned it to the wall and hugged Rey. "If your ever alone, just look at the picture and you will never ever be alone."

Rey felt tears in her eye's as she thought about that day. Her drawing... It was stolen and Rey knew that Ben would be disappointed in her for letting it get stolen. "Oh Rey, you need to realize that this is all normal and that Ben wouldn't even care becuase he is lying dismembered somewhere so grow up." Rey felt tears stain her face. Ever scince Ben died she had been hearing this voice in her head telling her stupid stuff. One day Ben is alive and needs her help and the next it's saying that he is just a pile of dust or bones.

Today obviously Ben was dead to the voice.

- - -

"I- I need to talk to Rey," Ben said softly. Leia put down her book and stared at her newly found son. She smiled softly and got up. She walked over to him and admired his features. He grew handsome just like his father.  He had a scar down his face, symbolizing the pain he endured while he was trying to find his way back home. His raven black hair draped over a bit on his shoulder and his chocolate brown eyes screamed pain and defeat. Leia sighed softly as she scratched her head.

"Tomorrow, I promise. Your father and I will tell the news of your survival to everyone. You know they set up a grave for you," Leia said frowning slightly. Ben nodded and grabbed a black hoodie. "I want to see the grave," he said hugging his mother tightly, afraid of letting go for fear of him never seeing her again. Leia nodded in agreement. Ben smiled softly at Leia and walked out of the door and headed towards the cemetery.

After a few minutes later Ben arrived at the cemetery and started looking for his name. He located it easily.

        Benjamin Chewbacca Solo
         The warmth of our hearts 
                   Forever loved
           Rest in peace, brave one.

Usually Ben would cringe at his middle name but he didn't this time. He just guessed that it was different when you saw your full name on a tomb stone. Ben was about to walk back when he saw someone from the corner of his eyes enter the cemetery. Ben pulled his hood back on and hid behind a tree and watched, remembering his parents telling him to not reveal who he was.

It was a girl. She had a maroon hoodie on, the hood on blocking her face. She walked up to his grave and knelt down, her black combat looking boots became muddy from the dirt that surrounded his grave. Ben watched as she got up and moved on to a second grave. "I'm sorry I failed you. Mom is drinking more then ever dad. She won't stop and she is becoming violent. I don't know what to do anymore. My best friend is gone, your gone, my most valuable possession was stolen from me-"

"Hey," Ben said suddenly. The girl turned around to see Ben, his face hidden in his black hoodie. "I noticed you were crying, are you okay?" The girl smiled a little and nodded. "Yeah, I'll be fine," she said softly. Ben tried to take a closer look at the girl but she kept on hiding her face with her hands.

"Are you sure? Is that your father's grave?" The girl nodded slowly. Ben felt a pang of guilt. "Humans got him," she said softly. Ben shook is head. "Humans, you would think they would just leave us alone but no, they have to mess with us. They killed my best friend's dad and she never got over it. I hated it when she would cry. It just fueled my anger for humans."

The girl nodded and a slight ping was heard. The girl reached into the pockets of her hoodie and pulled out a blinking phone. Her face fell and she shoved the phone back into her pocket. "I have to go," she said before she started to walk off. "It was nice talking to you. Thank you," she said softly turning around to face Ben. Her hazelnut eyes gave Ben a look of gratitude, as if he had just lifted up her spirits. The girl started running out of the cemetery and down the street. Ben smiled softly as the girl ran back to wherever she was going. He started to walk back when he stopped. He turned around and went to go look at the name on the girls father's tombstone. Ben had a look of disbelief.

                Kota Mual Kenobi

Ben looked shocked as he backed up slowly. "Hey, it's your girlfriend Rey. She seems pretty messed up huh. She needs you, like right now idiot. Your future wife-"

"Shut up stupid voice," Ben said grumbling. "Yeah, becuase imagining having a life with her while you were practically dying and running for your life is just a sign that your best friends, you definatly don't want to get laid or anything or even fuck her-"

"WHAT THE HELL-"

Ben stopped screaming at the voices in his head and leaned down. A pink phone was laying flat in the ground. Rey must have dropped it while she was running, Ben thought. Ben pulled out the drawing he had stolen back from that thief girl and the phone. He walked to Rey's old house, praying that she still lived there. Placing the phone and paper down on the doormat he walked off, smiling that he finally found his rey of sunshine.