I missed you

Rey woke up to her mom yelling down stairs. Worried, Rey ran down the stairs to see a man and her mom arguing about something. There were alcohol bottles everywhere and the house had a wierd leafy green scent to it. Rey didn't even need to blink before running back into her room. Quickly getting dressed she ran back down the stairs and out the door. Rey was leaving off the front porch of her house before tripping on something.

"Dang it," Rey said rubbing her head which impacted the fall. Rey looked over to see what she had tripped on. It was her phone, and a paper... Rey got up and picked up the paper. It was the drawing that Rey and Ben made all of those years ago, Ben's smiley face staring back at Rey. Rey felt s surge of sadness and say down on her front porch and cried, clutching the drawing. A man walked by and stopped in front of her house. He was wearing a black hoodie that was covering his face. Rey looked at the man for a second and quickly got up, who was this man and why was he staring at her?

- - -

Rey. Her face was stained with tears. Ben felt a pang of guilt. He would have come back earlier if he hadn't gotten distracted by the rebellion. He would have been here to comfort and hug Rey. To be there for her. Ben took a step towards Rey but she backed away, unsure of what was going on. Ben smiled a little and lifted up his hoodie. Rey gave him a confused look, then she got mad.

"YOU, YOU STOLE THE PICTURE FROM THE TREE HOUSE!!!" Ben looked closer at the girl. It was the girl from the tree house incident. It was Rey. He stole from Rey... "Don't you recognize me?" Rey looked at Ben like he was crazy. "No, I don't know you," Rey said walking away. Ben ran after her and tapped her shoulder. "Rey... I'm sorry sunshine," Ben said walking away from Rey. Ben smiled as he walked away. Rey followed him, curious. Ben walked to his house and sat down on the stairs, staring at Rey who was staring at him.

"You, you should be dead," Rey said quietly before walking off. Ben's smile fell, destroying any evidence that he was remotely happy. "Haha, I told you but you never listen. Rey dosn't care about you. She thinks your dead, I mean she only visited your grave everyday for 8 and a half years-" Ben felt tears roll down his eyes. He was here to protect her. He needed her to fix the scars he had from ice the years. He needed the person who never gave up on him...

- - -

Rey rolled her eyes at her friend's. After the encounter of ghost Ben she went back to her house to find her friend's making a huge mess. "Hey Rey, smile," Finn said hugging her. "Are you okay? You must be taking the news hard I guess, finding out the Ben had been alive this whole time-" Rey froze. So Ben was alive this whole while time? And he tried to talk to her this morning and she said he should be dead? Rey's head was spinning as she bolted out of the door straight towards Ben's house. Rey knocked on the door and waited impatiently. Ben opened up the door and stared at Rey. Rey wrapped her arms around Ben's waist and pulled him into a hug, her eyes were stained with tears. For a moment Ben did nothing but let her hug him before he pulled her in tight aginst his chest. Slowly but steadily, tears began to flow from his eyes. He leaned down and kissed the top of Rey's forehead. Rey blushed and unattached herself from Ben.

"I missed you," Ben and Rey said together before falling back into each others arms.