[44]

"Do it again," Colter's voice stretched across the length of his room

"Do what?" Talia whispered back.

The two were now dry and clothed appropriately to the cold weather outside the rather large window Talia stood next to. Colter sat on the bed, his long legs stretched out in front of him and his hands behind his head to support his weight as he stared at Talia.

She was back to the way he had known her before— completely shy, quiet and reserved, even in her appearance. In her quick attempt to flee from the bathroom and Colter's embrace, she had already begun to spin her hair into a braid and when Colter offered her one of his shirts like he usually did, she looked to him as if he was crazy for assuming she was only going to walk around the house in that.

"You always wear my shirts," he had murmured, a bit sad at her turning down. "I know...but I don't want to anymore." She mumbled back, still shying away from his gaze as she only wore a towel from their adventure in the shower.

Now, she refused to even stand within arms distance of him, shaking her head when he patted the space next to him on the spacious bed.

"Make me see something else," his eyebrows quirked up as Talia's eyes shifted from outside the window to his beautiful face. "I want you to prove that what you said in the shower was real...about the whole dream thing."

"No," she said immediately.

"Why not?"

"I shouldn't have even done it the first time. I don't have near enough strength to do it...you stopped breathing the last time I did it, Colter. Doesn't that scare you at all? You stopped breathing and you wouldn't wake up. It was the worst thing to ever see and to know I caused it and couldn't help was sickening." Talia sighed, bringing the sleeve of Colter's sweater over the knuckles of her hand as she dared taking a step closer to him.

"I don't care. I want—"

"I know what you want," she interrupted him quickly, her eyes flashing to the floor before he could chastise her for doing so.

"Believe me, I know." She added lightly.

After a few moments of silence, Talia sighed again before she walked to drop at the end of the bed. She sat as close to the edge as she possibly could without falling off, unbeknownst to the fact that Colter felt comfortable that she was warming up to the idea of being around him as her old self.

"What do you want to see?" She questioned, squeezing her eyes closed and cursing herself silently for even going through with this.

"Anything"

"I can show you a memory, an illusion, something that has never really happened but might, practically anything and you cant be more specific than that?" Talia's voice was amused.

"Fine," he sighed, sitting up just a tad bit more so he could rest his muscled back against his headboard. "Show me an illusion"

"Ok," she mumbled.