[13]

"Hell no!" Cal was quick to interject, shaking his head stiffly as he stared at his little sister

"Hell no!" Cal was quick to interject, shaking his head stiffly as he stared at his little sister. He didn't care that she was seventeen or about to enter her last year of high school. She was his little sister and despite her recently over shown boobs and tight skirts, he still saw the little six year old girl with pigtails, glasses and denim overalls.

Whether she dressed like a prostitute or not he would do anything to protect her.

Well, that's what Talia thought until her loving brother buried her dead, along with another group of kids that tormented her throughout her entire life, including her biggest crush. She wanted to see Cal as that caring brother. But after that night, she saw him as anything but. Cal was on the same list Adam and Desiree were on, but she still managed to fight the voices in her head.

"You don't like it?" Talia teased, spinning in a circle and shaking her butt when it faced a wide-eyed Cal. She had bought at least a dozen Halloween costumes from some all-season costume store and now she was trying them on. Cal had walked into her room, wondering what his sister was doing, but at first sight his eyes hardened and his jaw sewed shut tight.

Twirling in the mirror again, Talia caught sight of her cat costume, scrunching her nose in agreement.

"Actually, you're right. The swinging tail is just not working for me," she gestured as she gripped at the stuffed cylinder supposed to represent a cat tail.

Walking into the bathroom, she was out in a matter of seconds, joining Cal again as his mouth gaped open at her new wear. He seemed more caught up in the actual costume rather than the short amount of time it had taken her to switch clothes.

"Fuck no!" He scoffed. Rolling her eyes in annoyance, Talia pulled at the neon, reflective fabric of the sexy fireman costume. It consisted of red spandex shorts, red Doc Martins, a small fireman's hat, and a jacket that was both neon red and yellow and obviously a midriff.

"When did you get your belly button pierced?" Talia giggled at her brother's screech, pushing him to sit on the end of her neatly made bed.

"Don't worry about it." She shrugged, adjusting the jacket lower to push up her boobs. "It came with the look," she admitted.

"Yeah, and I'm not too fond of your new look." Cal stopped to give her the up-down. "It's too... provocative." Cal's toes covered with his new football socks, curled against the lushness of the carpet, the disapproving feeling not only showing within his features but his actions too.

"This is simply a costume, Cal." Her darkened eyes rolled again in what she once knew as agitation. "Don't have a goddamn panic attack over a harmless outfit."

Ripping his eyes from his focus on Talia's buzzing phone on the other side of the room, Cal's head jerked in his sister's direction. Since when did she cuss?

"It's not just the costume that shows everything that's meant to be covered." He retaliated, standing up to match his sister's height and glare, obviously referring to her everyday outfits too.