[16.2]

"When can I leave?" Maureen sighed, resting so her cuffed hand could support her chin

"When can I leave?" Maureen sighed, resting so her cuffed hand could support her chin. She'd been chained in this room for more than two hours without knowing where her friends were or if they were in the same position she sat in...literally.

The slightly pacing officer stopped outside the sealed door, pressing the handle to open to an awaiting Maureen. He had unfortunately heard her question, but it seemed as if he was the one who had to give her the bad news.

"I don't think you'll be leaving anytime soon." He admitted truthfully. Sitting where he had sat a mere thirty minutes ago for her questioning, he sighed as his shoulders slumped a bit. He hated giving such terrible news to someone so young, even if they had committed a crime.

"What do you mean?" She asked dumbfounded, his answer not what she expected at all. What had she done that received such an answer? "Where's Colter and Jennifer?" The next question came tumbling out as her shaking hands clutched the table's edge ruthlessly.

"Maureen Thomas, you are being charged with first degree murder of Desiree Carter, Adam Ross, and Cal Fox." He explained, watching as Maureen's clearly confused face turned into that of horror as her eyes widened, her jaw hung, and her grip on the table tightened.

"I-I don't un-understand" she stammered, the tears instantly streaming from her reddening eyes. "I told you every inch of the truth during questioning and all three of their deaths were suicides! I can't force a boy to drink until he's poisoned himself!" She cried, pulling at the cuffs when more than three officers flooded into the room. The first went to unlock her handcuffs while another grabbed her arm, pulling her roughly from the chair.

"Please! I didn't do anything!" She sobbed, hating the silence that followed as each cop stared at her, their eyes clouding with pity.

666

"This really sucks." A brisk chuckle was heard as Maureen's eyes sprung open in surprise. She hadn't remembered falling asleep, but instead, sobbing till her eyes were too sore to stand open.

Noticing the figure that stood in front of the bars of her cell, she nearly jumped in fear as another sweet giggle flooded her ears.

"First degree murder? And three at that? I didn't know you had it in you." A velvety voice said next, as if they weren't afraid they would get caught for being in a convict's jail cell.

"I'm innocent," Maureen snapped, sitting up to adjust the muddy jeans and tight t-shirt she was still wearing. She had to have been asleep for at least a few hours since the sky was now black as coal and the almost full moon was hidden behind luscious clouds.

"Now be careful with your tone," Talia began, taking a step so she now stood within the moonlight the small window created. Her shadow didn't quite match her figure but Maureen didn't take notice as the brunette stepped even closer causing their knees to brush each others.