Ch 12: Jason Goes Poof

HEY GUYS! My grandparents pulled a surprise vacation on me, so... Yeah. Not MUCH wifi this week, but a little. Anyway, I'm gonna put up the server in a few minutes and just see how long it will stay up before one of my family members shuts it down.

Ch 12: Jason Goes Poof

Place: Seto's house/front yard

Time: half a second later

Ty's POV

Jason fumbles with the lock for a few seconds before I push him out of the way and hastily unlock the door. Then we both shove it open and stumble outside. Bashur 1 is being backed against the side of the house by Evil-Sky, and Bashur 2 is standing a few yards in front of the door Jason and I just came out of. Most of our friends are standing around, wondering who they should help, but Mitch and Jerome are running over to help Bashur 1.

"No!" Bashur 2 shouts, pushing against Evil-Ty in an attempt to keep him away from the house. "You don't need to go in there! You really don't!" Is he trying to protect me? Why? Just a few minutes ago he was helping Evil-Ty escape!

"Move out of the way, Melon, I have a life to end," Evil-Ty hisses, glaring at me. Jason pushes me back slightly, and Bashur 2 freaks out even more.

"No, really!" he says in a panicky voice, digging his heels into the ground and putting all his weight into holding Evil-Ty back. "There's no reason to waste energy hurting Ty! Why don't you go help your friend kill Ba- er, Sky? It looks like he could use some help!" Actually, he's right. Mitch and Jerome are teaming up on Evil-Sky, which is something I'm sure Evil-Sky wasn't expecting. He probably thought we'd all just freak out, stand around, and be useless (which is what the majority of the team is doing).

"Let me through," Evil-Ty growls. Bashur 1 flinches, but doesn't move. "I SAID, 'LET ME THROUGH!'" he roars. Anger burns in his eyes, and hatred shows all over his expression. Bashur 1 gasps and falls to the ground, shielding his face. When Evil-Ty doesn't immediately attack him, he scrambles backward.

At first I'm confused because of his dramatic reaction. Then I realize there's only one person who could be so affected by Evil-Ty simply yelling and glaring at them.

Sky.

As the realization dawns on me, it also dawns on Evil-Ty and Jason. Jason and I exchange worried glances as Evil-Ty's eyes widen. Bashur 1 sighs and transforms back into Sky. "Sorry, Bash!" he calls as Evil-Sky pushes past Mitch and Jerome and stabs his sword through Bashur's stomach. Bashur shrieks, shimmers, and disappears, respawning somewhere in the city, which is a fair distance away from Seto's house. Evil-Sky gasps and looks over at Sky. Evil-Ty bursts out laughing, and Sky glares at him. "What's so funny?"

"You were doing so well," he says between laughs. "You had us completely convinced that you were Bashur and Bashur was you. We probably would have killed Bashur, thought it was you, and went back to your dimension, but you ruined it all by being scared of me."

Sky bites his lip and looks down. Note to self: help Sky overcome his fear of angry Evil-Tys. "Well," Evil-Sky says, smirking as he trots over to us. "We almost made a big mistake, didn't we, Ty?"

Evil-Ty nods. "But we didn't. You know," he says, turning to face Sky again, "if you hadn't tried to stop me from killing your friend, I wouldn't have gotten angry at you, and you wouldn't have gotten scared, and Sky and I wouldn't have known that Sky was killing Bashur instead of you. You probably would have lived through the day."

I wince. Basically, I'm the reason Sky's about to die.

WHAT? NO. SKY WILL NOT DIE. JASON AND I, AND ALL OF OUR OTHER FRIENDS, WILL MAKE SURE SKY DOES NOT DIE.

"And, by the way," Evil-Ty continues, "you didn't stop me from hurting your friend. I'm still going to kill him."

Sky looks up at me with wide eyes, then glances over at Evil-Ty again. Jason steps in front of me as Sky jumps to his feet and stands in front of Jason. "Nope," Sky says simply.

Mitch and Jerome stand on either side of Sky. "Nope," they repeat.

Quentin steps up to stand by Jason. "Not happening," he says.

Ian follows him, standing on Jason's other side. "I will go Derp on you if I have to," he threatens.

Seto lifts up his hands and waves them around a bit. Purple wisps of magic wind around them until, finally, he shoots them at us. Everyone except the Evils glow purple for a moment before returning to normal. But we're not normal; we are stronger. I feel like nothing could hurt me right now. Seto smiles at Evil-Sky and Evil-Ty. "Bring it."

Evil-Sky looks like he's about to wet himself, even more so when Mitch and Jerome start passing around weapons. "Uh, T-Ty, maybe we should try to kill them, um, l-later," he stammers, making eye contact with Evil-Ty.

Evil-Ty scoffs. "No. A bit of friendship and magic (or Friendship is Magic? I'm sorry, I'll shut up) is not going to stop me."

Sky holds up his sword and points it toward Evil-Ty, tilting it slightly upward. "Come at us, then."

Evil-Ty turns around and taps on Evil-Sky's shoulder. He makes a little hand motion after pointing at the enchanted diamond sword, and Evil-Sky hesitantly hands it over. Evil-Ty spins around to face us again and holds out his sword to meet Sky's. Sky fidgets nervously, but doesn't back down.

Two seconds later, both boys are leaning forward menacingly and pressing their swords together. They push back and forth, trying to either smack the other's sword away or stab past it. About five seconds later, Sky gains the upper hand and lunges forward, sliding his blade across Evil-Ty's shoulder with enough force to slice his arm off.

His arm doesn't fall off, though. The cut doesn't even bleed. The sword does nothing except leave a small red line on Evil-Ty's shoulder and cause him to flash red. Sky gasps and quickly steps back. Evil-Ty only chuckles darkly. "You aren't Ty. You can't hurt me," he says, grinning.

Sky shakes his head. "Can you just leave?"

"Why would I? You can't beat me, so why would I give up?"

"Because you have some shred of humanity somewhere inside of you?"

I butt in. "Sky, I can do it," I say quietly.

Sky turns around to look at me. Suddenly, Jason shouts, "DUCK, SKY!"

Sky quickly ducks down. Jason gasps, shimmers, and disappears as Evil-Ty's sword makes contact with his forehead. Awestruck, Sky stares at the spot where Jason used to be, and the rest of us do the same. "You made Jason go poof!" he says. Sadly, Jason's house is in the middle of the city, so he will have respawned quite a long way from here.

Evil-Ty just laughs. "You can't win."

"Pfft," I say, pulling Sky's sword right out of his hand and pushing Sky behind me. "Sure we can."

Hai, Rulers! Sorry for the sort of short chapter. I'm not sure if this actually counts as a filler or not. I mean, it's not a terribly important chapter, but at the same time, it's necessary to the story. Eh, whatever.

Anyways. I'm pretty much worshiping (figuratively, of course) the IBMEC server right now. I'm actually writing this on the same day I wrote Chapter Eleven, and even though I haven't even allowed anyone on it yet, and I still don't even know if it'll fail and I'll be shutting it down in less than a week, right now it's giving me lots of inspiration just by thinking about it. IT'S GONNA BE SO FUN!

Okay, Past-Hannah, out.

(OMINOTCH THE SERVER MOST CERTAINLY DID NOT FAIL, A BUNCH OF YOU GUYS ASKED FOR THE IP AND I'M DYING OF HAPPINESS :D ALSO I ACCIDENTALLY BLEW UP SKY'S FUNERAL PLACE AND CAUGHT SETO'S HOUSE ON FIRE, BUT IT'S OK NOW, I FIXED IT. :3

Okay, Present-Hannah, out.)