Ch 1: Dungeons and Panic

(Again, I'm taking this directly from my fanfiction account. So these A/Ns are responding to fanfiction reviewers, no wattpad reviewers. ((until later on, when you guys start leaving comments. :3)))

It's sweet, how concerned you guys are for the real Ty. I'm not really sure how to comfort you though. I can't just say, "Hey, sorry one of the main characters got killed off by his best friend and you didn't even know it until the sequel came out." Yeah, no. I couldn't say that.

I couldn't.

Chapter One: Dungeons and Panic

Time: a week after the entire "I Blame My Evil Clone" incident

Sky's POV

I skim through my messy handwriting, trying to decide if it's worth it. Ty, Jason, Mitch, Jerome, Quentin, and Ian were all going 'dungeon-hunting.' I would love to come along; anything with those people is a lot of fun. But I'm worried. What if we come across a dungeon with a skeleton spawner in it? What then? I mean, the chance of five of them all hitting me at the exact same time is certainly slim, but it's still there. What if I die, and I don't respawn?

I glance down at the book again. This book is the one I wrote all those Specific Situations in five years ago. This book is a constant reminder of my Red Eyes, of the prophecy. I will die eventually. This is something I would prefer that my friends not know. They would just start worrying and wouldn't let me do anything awesome. They would probably prevent me from fighting the squids... UGH. AND LEAVE THOSE HORRIBLE CREATURES TO LIVE A PEACEFUL LIFE?

Never. My friends must never know the consequences of being involved in the prophecy.

My phone rings. I sigh and drag it slowly across the desk I'm sitting at. "Hello?"

"Sky!" Ty greet me. "You ready to go to the mines?"

"Uh..." If I say 'no,' they'll wonder why I'm not going. And, knowing them, they'll probably come snooping around for clues. At least, this is my excuse for later when I'm cursing myself for coming. "Yeah, I'm ready. Which mine?"

"The one by Jerome's tree house."

"Got it."

"See ya soon."

"Bye." I get up and walk to the mirror. Sighing, I put my sunglasses back on. Since my friends at least know that my eyes are red, I could just go without them, but I feel like wearing them wards off all the respawn issues I would have if I ever got in one of the Specific Situations. Even though I'm fairly sure they don't. Oh well.

I shove a few pickaxes and some budder swords into my backpack, plus two stacks of torches and some dirt. Then I race out the door. No reason to lock it, I know everyone in this town, and no one is the kind for stealing. None of the mobs can even get into the city, so I'm good.

I run toward the Bacca Forest, as Jerome calls it. I'll be fine. You'll be fine, Sky, chill out. I mean, what are the odds that five skeletons will all shoot you at the same time? Just let the others go ahead of you, and the skeletons will detect them first. Bang. Problem solved.

And, now I'm talking to myself.

Actually, I've been doing that a lot lately.

I turn left at the Fluffy's tree house and walk along side the stream to the mine. The others are waiting at the entrance. "C'mon, Sky, let's go!" Mitch shouts.

"Coming!" I yell back as I start running.

"Alright guys, let's go be awesome," Jerome says.

"We should have at least one saddle and ten levels each by the time we get back up here," Ian says.