16

Sorry, I'm a day late with the update. I promised to update yesterday but I'm not well at the moment. My doctor diagnosed me with depression and it's been really hard. I find that writing helps me escape for a while when I finally do have the energy to write something. But here's the update, enjoy!! xx

When we came back to the car at the parking lot, Donghae announced he had another surprise for me.

This surprise thing was so new to me, but a girl couldn't complain. I think I could get used to it.

We sat out on another drive back to where we came from.

"Where are we going?" I asked curiously as I looked at him.

He just looked at me with a cheeky grin on his face and kept quiet, leaving me to run down my brain about where we were going.

Should I be worried about kidnapping? "You're not trying to kidnap me, are you?" I teasingly looked at him out of the corner of my eye. 

"Of course not. This isn't kidnapping since you willingly got in the car with me," he laughed out loud and lightly nudged my shoulder with a hand balled into a fist. Oh, snap that served me right. 

What kind of a question was that anyway?? I'm so stupid. 

My ears were now burning red and the rest of my face was following quickly along.

I hid my face with my hands, "I'm sorry, that was a stupid question. I guess I kind of tried to be funny. Ahh, this is so embarrassing." 

He laughed again, "Don't worry. Your secret is safe with me."

"But I thought it was adorable," he added and smiled shyly. 

I was still super embarrassed even though he was so cool about the fact that I was a total dork. 

When the car finally stopped, we were at a huge apartment complex, which looked to be really expensive living abodes.

I was pretty sure my jaw would need to be picked up from the floor of the car. 

"Do you live here?" I asked, still with my mouth agape looking up at the enormous building in front of us. 

"Yes, I'm taking you to my place. I thought we could end the date by watching a movie together here," he turned off the car engine and clicked open the seatbelt.
"Wow," was all I could muster.

"I mean... Err... What movie are we watching then?" I asked correcting myself, trying not to look like an idiot in front of the guy I like.

He smirked and took my hand, "I was kind of hoping you'd decide that. But I picked out the genre."

I hope it was something I'd want to watch, or it could be a very long evening.

We walked into the main entrance of the building, which was huge but not much to it.

At the end there was, what looked like a newly installed elevator.

Donghae  pressed the button in front and we waited for the elevator to arrive.

"How far up does it go?" I asked as it arrived and the doors opened in front of us.

"8th floor. I live on 3rd floor, luckily." He replied with a side grin.

When we arrived at the 3rd floor we got out and walked to the door right at the end of the hallway.

He fiddled a little with the keys, before opening the door into his apartment.

It was very minimalistic, but the things he had were either really big or really expensive.

Like the couch in the living room, seemed to have cost more than our house.

It was kind of weird to actually be in his apartment, but I was glad he brought me there.

"Nice place," I commented as I set out on a journey to check out the 'humble' abode.

"Feel free to look around, I'll just get things ready in the living room," he smiled at me and began rummaging around in a black box, probably made from plastic.

I nodded at him and continued to look around. The bedroom was a quick glance, because I felt myself slightly blush.

It just didn't feel right to fully check out the bedroom. (At least not yet, if ya know what I mean 😏)

I continued my journey towards the bathroom, then the kitchen and finally a small balcony.

Attached to where the kitchen had been placed, was these huge windows and one of them was a sliding glass door that led out to the balcony.

From there you could practically see the entire world. Or at least it felt like it.

"Have you finished the tour?" Donghae's head popped out from behind the glass door.

I nodded, "Yup. I'm done."

He had gotten everything ready when I came back into the living room.
There were lit candles and he had made a space in front of the couch with mattresses and blankets and a bowl of popcorn.

He then dimmed the lights so that almost the only light we'd have was the lit candles.

"Alright. You told me your favorite was horror, so I bought a bunch of them," he brought over a wooden box and placed it in front of me.

There were only horror movies in it and a lot of them.

This would be hard to choose.

"Wow... There are so many," I said with a defeated sigh, "This won't be an easy choice."

"I mean, this hopefully won't be the only time we watch a movie together so surely you'll get to see them all," he said, sitting down on the mattress and pulling a blanket over himself.

This meant he'd want to see me more, that he still liked me.

I smiled at him, "I hope so," closing my eyes I stuck my hand down and randomly chose one from the box.

"Okay let's see," I opened my eyes to see what I had picked.

"The Wailing. Alright, never seen it before so this should be interesting," I stood up and walked over to the tv where a DVD player was placed and popped it in.

"Come sit here," Donghae said when I turned around to walk back. He had lifted up the blanked and was smiling sweetly at me.

"Alright," I giggled and sat down beside him on the mattress, sliding my legs under the blanket he was holding up.

"Okay, let's start the movie," he took the remote and pressed the play button.

Hope you guys enjoyed this one. Sorry it's a bit short. The rest of the date will be in the next chapter xx