At this point, I couldn't breathe and I was completely speechless. She looked and appeared to be serious about this, but a part of me believed that she was joking. Then again, this is Candice we're talking about here, who wouldn't ever lie about something like that.

"Candice..."

Her eyes filled with fresh tears and she kept smiling through them. "I'm serious, Nik. I am pregnant."

Before I knew it, I had practically jumped into her arms and was crying on her shoulder. She held me, like I was the newborn baby and she was the mother. I was practically sobbing over the fact that she and Johnny were finally expecting. I knew that they had been trying for almost a year now, but never expected this.

I heard the door open and close, and then Candice say: "I told her. I couldn't hold back."

I sniffles and looked behind to see who it was, and it was Johnny. Just like I did with Candice, I ran and crashed into his arms, continuing to cry on his shoulder. He held me for dear life and tried to soothe me with his calming rubs on my back.

My heart was racing. I never expected this. At least, to hear this kind of news tonight. I'm sure that they were going to wait for another time to tell me when others weren't around to see me fall and cry into a big mess on the floor. However, Candice wouldn't be able to let it go and I definitely wouldn't, so she said what she said.

I was going to somewhat of an aunt to this baby and I couldn't be any happier, seeing as Johnny and Candice were both somewhat like siblings to me — like those that I always wanted. I couldn't breathe.

"Maybe we should wait to tell her the rest," I heard Candice say and my head perked up in question. "Yeah, we better wait."

"What? Wait for what? What else is there?!"

Candice looked at Johnny, which made our eyes meet. He was nervous and Johnny never could keep a secret, either, so I knew that I would guilt him into telling me.

"I-I..." He was saying until my eyes widened and he gulped, separating us. "Okay, just... Either you and Tommaso end up together or not, Candice and I have agreed that you two will be our baby's godparents, too. He's my best friend and you're both of our best friend, so... It just makes sense, y'know?"

Now, I definitely couldn't breathe or function. I... I was going to be a godmother — before I ever become an actual mother. Either way, I was freaking out, without expressing it to them just yet.

"That is," Candice breathed out as she appeared at my side, grabbing ahold of my arm, "if you want to be. We still have to discuss this with Tommaso, so take all the time that you need. We still have to wait another eight months, anyways."

"Is that even a question?!" I nearly exclaimed, wide-eyed. "Of course, I would love to be its godmother — either Tommaso and I stay together or not!" Though, I knew that he and I would last, and I think they already knew that, too.

"It's just that," Candice paused once again and faced me straight-on, "this will be a huge responsibility, Nik. You two will always be our first babysitters and... If something were to happen to Johnny and myself—"