16 ▹ flight

I looked around the airport, hearing several different bits and pieces of conversations as people walked passed me. I held my rolling suitcase by the handle of it and used my other hand to always have ahold of my backpack that was currently on my back.

Pete flew back to the U.K. on Friday morning, but he will be back on Sunday while we won't return until Monday. They dropped on us yesterday that we were going on tour, as to say, and heading to Philly for a show. I was so excited to get out of Orlando that I had already packed two days ago.

To my left, Johnny and Candice were standing together and talking about something that I had no knowledge of. I was trying to avoid any confrontation this early in the morning, which was nine-forty-five. It wasn't too early, but I was still drinking my Mocha Latte, too, so I didn't want to talk until after that.

There were only a few NXT Stars here, hoping to catch a plane to Philly this morning. Besides Johnny, Candice, and myself, there were only a few others here, too. Trevor was another flight at the moment while Bianca was still in Orlando, feeling sick for some reason.

There was only one that I would speak to this early, too, who was standing directly several feet to my right.

Tommaso was doing everything in his power to avoid me altogether. So far, since our last argument, he has been doing a really great job. I mean, he knows when I'm at the Performance Center and when I'm not; he knows when I'm roaming the hallways of my apartment complex; he knows everything and I don't understand how, though.

He knew that my eyes were glued on him and watching every breath that he breathed, and he knew how to casually move more to his right to guarantee that we wouldn't accidentally make eye contact. I had a plan to talk to him, though, before we arrive in Philly. I have a great plan.

"Flight 485 to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, is now boarding," the announcement over the intercom drew me away from my thoughts. "Flight 1647 to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, is now boarding."

"Hey, guys," I said to Johnny and Candice. They stopped talking to one another to turn and look at me with questionable looks on their faces. "That's our cue."

"Let's go," Candice said and patted my back, as I led our way to the ticket booth and, then, onto the plane.

Once we had found our seats, while Johnny and Candice began to put their stuff above our seats, I looked down and seen where Tommaso was sitting while he put his stuff up. This was my chance. I'm sorry, Johnny and Candice, I thought towards my two best friends. But I gotta do this.

Casually, I began to walk away — hoping that they wouldn't notice until I was officially gone — as I approached the woman that was about to get in the middle of Tommaso and another man.

"Excuse me, ma'am," I smiled at her, who was an old lady around her seventies, I'm sure. She turned and smiled back at me. "Do you see that lovely young couple over there? I was hoping that we could switch seats, since this man here is my boyfriend and we don't want to be separated. If you don't mind, we would both really appreciate it."

She thought about it for a moment while I noticed Tommaso's mouth hung in the background, probably wondering rather or not if I was gonna pull this off or not. "Well, sure," the woman squeaked back — and I couldn't believe it, neither could Tommaso, either. "Let me get my things."