04 ▹ first

"HOW is it so far?" Paul Levesque, otherwise famously known as Triple H, asked and took a seat across from me at the table. "I mean, with everything?"

"So far, so good," I smiled and slowly nodded. "I love being more around my fiancé, most of all, though — I have to admit."

"Pete is one lucky man," Hunter acknowledged with another grin. He opened the file opened and began to scan over the sheets of papers that laid before him. "So, next week, we are planning on adding you to the mix. Takeover will happen and your first rivalry will be against current NXT Champion, Tommaso Ciampa—"

"Wait, what?" I suddenly squeaked out, cutting him off before he could finish what he was saying. "I'm sorry, but... I will be facing off against Tommaso?"

"Well, in a sense," he countered with a slight shrug. "Tommaso will come out first on Wednesday night and brag about him defending his title over Johnny Gargano. Then, William Regal will come out and tell Tommaso that he cheated to win and, so, he will make a rematch happen between Tommaso and Johnny again. Johnny will come out and face off against Tommaso for a moment. Then, Ricochet will come out and want to be involved. As well as Velveteen Dream and EC3. Alas, you will and here's your information about that. If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to call and ask me."

"Alright. Thank you," I said and took the stack of paper from him. I scanned the first sheet. "So, after I come out... What happens?"

"Of course, people like Tommaso, Dream, and EC3 will comment on the fact that you're a woman and you deserve to be in the Women's Division than the Superstars," he began explaining to me. "However, both Johnny and Ricochet will come to your defense. A big brawl will happen between all six of you, setting up a 3-on-3 match later on that evening in the main event."

"That's awesome," I commented, almost out of breath from that little of information given to me. "I am truly grateful, Hunter."

"Of course," he smiled and motioned towards the sheets of paper that he just handed me. "And, so, you will find all that and much more right there in what I have given you. Learn everything and you should be good to go by next Wednesday."

"Thank you. Um, again," I dryly chuckled and flashed an embarrassed grin his way. "But, is there anything that I need to do before then? Like, outside of the ring?"

"Uh, yes, actually," he began to say and close up his file. "Get to know everyone that you're gonna work closely with. It helps, trust me. The more you know them personally, the more that you will know of them professional. Not everyone is going to be your friend in this business, Nik. You have to choose your friends wisely, y'know? If they can't accept that you're apart of them, then it's whatever. Their opinions about you isn't going to change my mind about you. I know that you're already good friends with both Johnny and Ricochet, but what about Tommaso, Dream, and EC3? Get to know them and they will know you."

I couldn't believe his speech, but I appreciated it, though. It was nice to hear that reassurance. One last time, I thanked him and excused myself, and he let me go free for the rest of the day.

I was headed down one of the many hallways at the Performance Center, looking down at the stack of paper than paying attention of the sight in front of me. I usually can hear when somebody is coming, so I'll occasionally glance up and play it off like I wasn't about to run right into them.