08 ▹ debut

TWITTERYou are my rock

TWITTER
You are my rock. Always. I love you.
10.2K Likes | 9.8K Retweets | 7.5K Comments

CandiceLeRae: Thank you for always being my biggest fan! I love you more 💕

— — —

"TOMMASO Ciampa," came William Regal's warning tone. "Not only will you be defending your NXT Championship against EC3, Velveteen Dream, and Ricochet, but you will also be defending your title against... This man right here."

With that said, Johnny's music began to blare throughout the Full Sail Arena in Orlando, Florida. The crowd was going completely nuts for Johnny, like they always did because they really respected this man and with good reason, too.

Tonight was the night. In just a few short minutes, I was going to make my way out there and be the odd-ball out of all those men. In the Independent Scene, this wouldn't be anything, but here — in the big leagues — it felt like the weight of the world was on my shoulders.

Johnny made his way into the ring, immediately shaking hands with William Regal and, then, with Ricochet as well. Of course, he ignored the heels of EC3, Dream, and Tommaso. He was in good spirits and William definitely seemed pleased to see him in that ring.

Here we go, I thought to myself as I waited backstage behind the curtain. You can do this, Nik. You got this.

"So what?" Tommaso growled out in his microphone to William Regal. "It's gonna be a five-way match for my title at Takeover?"

Then, before William could reply, all the lights in the arena went off and it was pitch black in there. Everyone was freaking out and cheering already, but out of curiosity, too.

At this point, I had already made my way out to the stage through the darkness and positioned myself in the middle of the big screen behind me. Technically, it was in front of me since I would have my back turned on the crowd at first.

"What the?" William was playing it off. "Who turned the lights off? Turn them back—"

Then, within that same moment, the big screen came on and it showed a static screen. Everyone screamed when they saw my black silhouette standing there, but no identity on who it was just yet.

 Everyone screamed when they saw my black silhouette standing there, but no identity on who it was just yet