19 ▹ heartbeat

WE have one more Philly show tonight before going back to Orlando tomorrow. It was about a good thirty minutes before Johnny's match against Tommaso while I would be ringside in support of Johnny. It was a non-title match, of course, and just a normal match.

While doing squats, my phone vibrated in my pocket and, so, I stopped and stood up straight to get it out of my pocket and to see who it was. Expecting Tommaso, it actually wasn't him. It was Bianca instead, who was still in Orlando.

I was going to text her back, but decided against it

I was going to text her back, but decided against it. She was always so weird, anyways, especially when she's alone. After binging Netflix, she'll do stuff like this to feel less lonely.

Just as I locked my phone, I felt a presence slide up beside me. I took a breath and, then, looked over and, to my ultimate surprise, it was Trevor, who was staring down at his phone.

"Hey, did you just get a really weird text from Bianca?" he asked and I slowly nodded, staring him down. I didn't honestly know what to say to him, since we hadn't spoke to one another in so long. And, to think, we used to be best friends. I don't know if I can look at him the same since Johnny and Candice revealed his true feelings to me. "She said that she loved me and you. What's that about?"

I kept silent and shrugged, honestly not knowing the answer to his question or what to verbally say, either.

He glanced over to look at my face and, then, he slightly looked back at his phone before officially facing me once again. He locked his phone and slid it in his back pocket. "Are you okay, Nik?"

Was I, though? That was the real question that had to ask myself as well, before I could answer him. I wanted to say something, but all I could think of was: I'm not okay, Trev. You have been in love with me for as long as we've known each other and not even ONCE did you say anything to me. Instead, I had to find out through Johnny and Candice — which is kind of fucked-up, by the way.

He was staring, hoping that I would answer back, and I had to say something that would convince him, so I just simply said: "Yeah, I'm fine."

He didn't look convinced and, then, he said: "Nik, look... I'm sorry that I haven't spoken to you in so long. I know that this probably weird for you, considering, but I'm still your friend. I've just had... I don't know. I've just had a lot on my mind recently and I'm sorry."

I felt bad for him, but I allowed him the time to hear him out. Once that I did, it felt better between us, but I knew that I was only lying to myself and that, after this little chat, he would go back to ignoring me because he knows that, deep down, that he was in love with me. We will never escape each other and that's why it's probably best that we keep staying away from each other.

I didn't want to be rude, though, so I just nodded and whispered: "It's okay."

"No, Nik, it's not," he countered, which surprised me. His eyes and actions were telling this story in more detail. "We were once so close and, now, we're not. Maybe it's because you're getting married soon and I'm pursuing my relationship with B. Either way, I want us to hang-out again."