23 ▹ blindness

ONE WEEK LATER
Wednesday | NXT Taping

PETE was back home for the weekend and I couldn't be happier. For some odd reason or another, we have been closer since I had to practically throw Tommaso out of my life on his ass. We were better and closer than ever before, though.

NXT just ended and I had just got dressed, ready to leave and head home for the night. Just as I threw my backpack on my back, I suddenly felt my phone vibrate and, so, I yanked it out and seen that I had an incoming text message from Bianca.

 Just as I threw my backpack on my back, I suddenly felt my phone vibrate and, so, I yanked it out and seen that I had an incoming text message from Bianca

I didn't understand, as I was also kind of scared, too. So, I simply texted Pete and told him to meet me in there — since, at the moment, I didn't feel running around this place to find him.

As I traveled towards Bianca's locker room, which took me less than five minutes to get to, the door was cracked and I could talking on the inside. I leaned in close and heard Bianca say to someone: "No, fuck you! I'm telling her! I have to!"

I decided to go in and, so, I did. Inside, it was Bianca yelling in Pete's face, who was already there. I brought my eyebrows together, especially after hearing what I just did, and squeaked out: "What's going on?"

Pete glanced at me before backing up in a corner while Bianca looked to me with tears freshly in her eyes. "I'm so glad that you could make it, Nik."

"What the fuck is going on right now, B?" I hated to be so rude up-front, but I really wanted to know. What did they have to tell me?

"Nik, I...," her voice trailed off as she gulped, closing her eyes as the tears continued to fall. "Nik, you're my very best friend in the whole wide world and I... I love you more than I love anyone else and I... I just need to tell you something or I'll never forgive myself."

I studied her face before I glanced over to Pete, who just shrugged and kept his smug smirk on his face. I looked back to her and asked: "Bianca... What is it?"

"Nik, I...," she paused and gulped before taking another step forward towards me. "Remember that weekend everyone went to Philly?" I slowly nodded, which was the best and worst weekend of my life. "I was sick, remember that? And I... I..."

"Bianca," came my warning tone. "Just spit it out already, please."

"That weekend, I was sick, but after a day of medicine, I was better," she began to admit little by little, even with her crying uncontrollable. "That Sunday night, I decided to stay the night at our apartment than over at Trev's. So, when I was there, Pete came home and... We got to talking and, then, to drinking."

Slowly, my heart began to shatter without even hearing what else she was about to say. I didn't want to hear the rest, but I had to. I needed to.

"Nik, I-I didn't mean to," she cried and I temporarily shut my eyes, so we couldn't see one another for a moment there. "We were wasted and... One thing led to another, and... I'm so sorry, Nik! I truly am!"